• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

edward and bella need a home...

thanks i will message those two rescues :(
i did message the duchess but unfortunately she has no room, i know i would be happiest for them to go there!

Hi

I just e-mailed you with the same suggestions for rescues.

I have also put up a post on my Facebook page and group in case any of my rabbit friends can help.

Can you put up some photos? or e-mail them over to me so that I can circulate - it will help to get some interest.

If only it were not this week - I am over full as it is with a friends bunnies camping in my lounge for bonding and boarding or we could try and assist.

Helen

Did you message The Duchess? I can't think of anybody I'd trust more with my bunnies if I had to hand them over. Most if not all indoor bunnies would adapt to a shed/playhouse at this time of year. I personally would much rather hand them over to someone like Helen to take her time to find the perfect home rather than rush and potentially make the wrong decision.

That's so lovely - thank you for that.

I will see what I can do, but on site we are full, full, full.

thanks i will message those two rescues :(
i did message the duchess but unfortunately she has no room, i know i would be happiest for them to go there!

I may be able to foster them for a short time for you? I wouldn't be able to for a very long time but it might help temporarily until a rescue space or a home can be found?

Joanna

I've e-mailed again with a potential foster placement in Lightwater where there are no children and only other rabbits.

5650577632_216e544a3d_z.jpg

edward

4638609906_442ef5eb8d_z.jpg

bella

thanks so much guys, i just replied your email now helen. will also try and contact the other two rescues tomorrow morning! i'm very sad but happy this forum is so good at helping! :D

5993942519_f47b092d3e_z.jpg

5993943069_c05162f1ef_z.jpg

a few more pictures :) we are *so* devestated we have to rehome them. as i type they are both flopped and sooo happy. but there's too many things to consider. if i do come back to england i'm not sure where i'll be living and therefore will not be sure if we can take them back. so we've made the painful decision to rehome them forever. the man is so upset! they're like our children!

Oh bless you how horribly sad for you :cry: They look adorable :love: How old are they? Are both neutered and vaccinated? Is there a particular reason they must be indoors - is that just because that's what they're used to at the moment or is there something specific?

I do hope you manage to get something sorted for them that you're comfortable with - fingers crossed for the placement in Lightwater! Xxx

well yes i suppose they could go outdoors, but both of their vaccinations are due. they've always lived indoors but i'm sure they will adapt, especially as it's quite warm. i really wish we could have them back when i come back, but i've no idea what will be happening...i might even decide to stay longer! so it's best they are found a loving permanent home :cry:

well yes i suppose they could go outdoors, but both of their vaccinations are due. they've always lived indoors but i'm sure they will adapt, especially as it's quite warm. i really wish we could have them back when i come back, but i've no idea what will be happening...i might even decide to stay longer! so it's best they are found a loving permanent home :cry:

Are they currently vaccinated Joanna but just due for boosters? Because they are at risk if not as it's peek season for flies/mozzies/fleas etc. And are both neutered or just one?

i'd have them in a heartbeat but i'm way up in lancashire, with no transport. i'm single, no kids and have a bunny-proofed lounge. lost my darling Barnsley Be Bunny at the beginning of july.maybe they could be relocated up north nearer to me as a temp measure until i can arrange transport?

em

oh im sorry to hear that :( they are hopefully going to be fostered with one of helens friends in surrey but maybe we could arrange transport to you sometime? im leaving on friday but by way of internet maybe we could all sort something!

oh im sorry to hear that :( they are hopefully going to be fostered with one of helens friends in surrey but maybe we could arrange transport to you sometime? im leaving on friday but by way of internet maybe we could all sort something!

So Joanna, I think I just need to make it clear that if the bunnies come to me it will be that they are being signed over to TRC and then they can only be rehomed as I do with all of my bunnies - in line with my rehoming requirements and I only rehome to within a 20 mile radius of our base here in Windlesham. If you want to consider this offer of help, please can you discuss before you hand them over to me. Or, if Sarah is happy to sort this out with you and then get them up to this home - then I'll step back.

Hope you understand that if I take responsibility then it's sole responsibility. If you are looking for simply a foster home then I'm not going to be able to help.

Sarah may feel differently but I just have to make it clear that I can only hand on bunnies when they have been homechecked by me personally. If Sarah does just agree to foster for you then she will be doing so independently and you need to discuss all of this prior to her having the bunnies.

Hope that you understand.

I could foster them until maybe a bunny run (I think that's what they're called, sorry if I've got it wrong) could be arranged for them to get to Lolly's Mum?

Joanna, have e- mailed you.

Today is my only window of opportunity to collect the hutch if we need it (but I won't collect if we don't) as I am committed to bonding and other appointments from tomorrow and the rest of this week, so please can you let me know if you are now sorted out with Alicia/Lolly's mum or another rescue.

Thankyou

Helen

Back