• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eddie and Felicity u/d 25th May-Eddie in Heart Failure,Felicity Deteriorating :-(

Aw, poor Felicity. This heat is just too much for the bunnies. Not sure how much mobile air conditioning units are if we are going to have a long hot summer. Up here we never get sun for too long but the last couple of days have been glorious for hoomans.

Aw, poor Felicity. This heat is just too much for the bunnies. Not sure how much mobile air conditioning units are if we are going to have a long hot summer. Up here we never get sun for too long but the last couple of days have been glorious for hoomans.

We have one of those. My Dad got it from work as it was being thrown (honestly the things the NHS throw :roll:). The one we have is quite bulky but works brilliantly. I know you can hire them.

I hope Eddie & Felicity had a comfortable night! Fingers crossed it's a bit cooler for them today, the weather forcast has just said it should be 10degs cooler!!

Not sure how much mobile air conditioning units are if we are going to have a long hot summer.

£100 from homebase last year and it is fantastic! Small, light and very powerful. Just need to find somewhere to put the pipe - we use the catflap in the front door (no cat!).
Definitely worth investing in if you can Jane - it worked wonders for our two last summer on very hot days. It does reduce humidity of course as all air con units do which may not be good for respiratory buns though? But it certainly drops the temp from 26 in our coolest room in the house down to 19-20.

I hope Eddie and Felicity are more comfortable today, its definitely cooler here today :)

Vibes for them xxx

Hope you and your poorly bunsters are ok today Jane. I've just logged on and noticed you haven't been around xx

Eddie is now in heart failure :cry: He is being prescribed additional medication to buy him a little more time. I fear we are not talking in terms of months :cry:

Felicity is also deteriorating and I will need to make a decision about her soon too :cry: :cry:

I am really sorry to hear this - as you know Teasal died of heart failure quite suddenly - my only consolation is that it was a peaceful ending.

:cry::cry::cry::cry: Pearl hung on for 9 months hun and she was very very poorly. im sure you have a little while longer left with him xxxx

loads more vibes for them both xxx

Eddie is now in heart failure :cry: He is being prescribed additional medication to buy him a little more time. I fear we are not talking in terms of months :cry:

Felicity is also deteriorating and I will need to make a decision about her soon too :cry: :cry:

I'm so sorry Jane. :cry:

I don't know how I missed this thread..... sending vibes that Eddie may have some quality time with you left and sending vibes for Felicity too xx

Lots of hugs for you - am thinking about you. :( xx

:cry::cry::cry::cry: Pearl hung on for 9 months hun and she was very very poorly. im sure you have a little while longer left with him xxxx

loads more vibes for them both xxx

Yes, I have had 2 other Rexes with heart failure who got another 6 months once treatment started. But Eddie also has lung problems :cry:
If we have the predicted heatwave over Summer I wont be pushing Eddie on. It'll break my heart to have to let him go, but he would suffer dreadfully in very hot/humid weather :cry:

Yes, I have had 2 other Rexes with heart failure who got another 6 months once treatment started. But Eddie also has lung problems :cry:
If we have the predicted heatwave over Summer I wont be pushing Eddie on. It'll break my heart to have to let him go, but he would suffer dreadfully in very hot/humid weather :cry:

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Back