• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dwarf Rabbit needa a new home - Birmingham

jhiller

New Kit
Hello all, I have an allotment on Moor Green Allotments which is located in Moseley / Selly Park B29 area of Birmingham. We noticed a small rabbit sun bathing and he (presuming he is an he!) came straight up to my daughter. We decided to bring the rabbit home to keep it safe. Unfortunately we have a lot of foxes in our area so we simply can not keep him. I have put missing signs up in the local area around the allotments but no one has yet to call. He is currently in with our chickens but the fox has been around a few times and I simply can not keep the rabbit. We have named him poodle.

He is VERY friendly, a brown color with small ears. Given his good nature I wouldn't be surprised if he was a house rabbit.

I am planning to take him to the vets just to check he has not been micro-chipped but I would also like to find him a suitable and loving home should we not be able to find his owners.

If anyone feels they have the room and ability to look after poodle then please let me know. Jon

Well done taking him in.
A trip to the vet to check for a chip & just a general check over is a must.
They may know of an owner missing him or where to look for people advertising for missing buns.
The vets will be able help you out re rescues locally too if it comes to that.
It's a shame that you have foxes locally but having having insight prior to acquiring rabbits is a good thing & obviously it's not the right thing for you.

I am in Kings Heath and volunteer for a rabbit rescue. If you need somewhere for bun to go just let me know and we can help xx

Back