• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dust free hay - a delicious miracle

Its so magical :shock: imagine if it was freely available to buy in local pet shops and so on, how much healthier all the rbabits would be

He does supply to certain shops;) the packaging is different though so you might not have recognised it before as his, plus you then have the shops mark up on it so probably easier just to get it direct from Norman in the end.

How are yours enjoying their big bale?

How big are the bales compared to normal horse bales?

The smal bales are about 2 - 2.5kg I think the big ones are about 18-20 kg. Although I've never got the big one my bulk order of 10 smalls looks about the size of 2 normal horse bales....it's highly compacted and of course has hardly any dust so it's a bit hard to compare.

It's lovely stuff.....mine go bonkers for it.......I was surprised the other day to see the lovely hessian sack that the small ones come in moving the other day & honey had chewed a bunny sized hole in it and climbed in to have a good munch.

Mine like the soft...it seems to hold their interest for longer. They go bonkers for the stalky at first but started to ignore it after a few hours.

hi im new to this forum and wondering if you guys could help me!

I have a young guinea pig who the vet and I believe has an allergy to hay or sawdust because he has a constant running nose and sneezes all the time! i love him to bits and cannot imagine it is much fun for him being like this every day! I have see you talking bout dust free hay.co.uk. Is this good? also do you know of anyone else who supplies it? just the website says alot of it is out of stock! and which type would you suggest.

Does anyone know if dust free sawdust exists? i have at all looked so i thought i would just ask in case!

thanks alot!

:wave:

Well I finally put in an order yesterday lunchtime for 2 bags of stalky and it arrived at teatime today, now thats what I call a great service :thumb:

Gave some to the buns and Charlie got stuck in straight away, Millie gave it sniff and then looked at me as if to say "thats not pellets" :lol: Had a nose out the window about an hour later to see her munching on the hay (she just couldn't resist it:lol:)

hi kay, only just seen this were abouts in standish,could i ask for a little bit to try, will pay you for it
cheers
amanda

moonie8404 - i would try the soft fist as you can use it for a bed. I don't use sawdust for my guinea pigs, i use megazorb but in the past i have also used carefresh litter which isn't very dusty at all. i get that from the hay experts, I also use biocatolet for litter trays and this isn't dusty at all and could be used for anywhere in the cage. you can get that from tesco or pets at home.
hope that helps.

He does supply to certain shops;) the packaging is different though so you might not have recognised it before as his, plus you then have the shops mark up on it so probably easier just to get it direct from Norman in the end.

How are yours enjoying their big bale?

lets just say it's not such a big bale any more :lol:

I really can't get over it...I used to top sorrel's rack up every night when i changed the litter trays, and it would be still two-thirds full...now i find it empty two or three times a day :shock:
Guinness likes it too I think but it's hard to tell cos he likes to fling it everywhere then roll in it :roll:

bunny mad lisa, many thanks for your reply.

I have ordered some profleece for a subsitute for sawdust as this was recommended by a guinea pig forum i found.

So recommend soft? alot of people say they get the stalky - soft is better for the guinea to eat and lay on then?

also is 2 bale one - how long does this last and what size are the bags?

Thank you!:wave:

Back