• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dorris nearly died and couldn't be spay, other 3 fine &

Just spoke with Tree, three of the Buns got through their ops OK but the big girlie Doris nearly died :shock: :cry:
She stopped breathing and her heartrate slowed, Tree's wonderful Vet got Doris back and woke her up from the GA without doing the spay.

Poor Tree has had such a time of it lately.....
Doris is doing OK now THANK GOODNESS and is in the excellent care of her Foster Mum Tree

Janex

Finger crossed on Doris. Keep us up to date with Doris.

They did say death caused by spay is very rare. The only case we read over here is a rabbit w/ rare heart problem and can't be put under GA. Obviously the best bet is to do a blood test to find out what is the cause.

Tree, Godspeed in a health recovery to the other 3 furballs.

I must have missed this thread. You are having such an awful time lately, but thankfully Doris pulled through. Hope she is doing okayxxx

They are all ok when I last spoke to her :D

Better that Doris isn't speyed huh - its scary that this happens isn't it :shock:

BirdieBun said:
Better that Doris isn't speyed huh - its scary that this happens isn't it :shock:

Yep, but well done Vet for getting Doris back!!
And thank goodness for Antisedan (drug given to 'reverse' GA)

Janex

They are all doing good today, Doris is eating a big leaf, the other 3 aren't eating yet but I am sure they will soon :D

Oh god, Poor Doris :shock:

Glad she is ok. Does that mean she can never have a GA again then? What if there is a need for it other than speying?

I dont know tbh! I mean I know shes a big girl but I have seen bigger buns - obviously they wud have to risk a GA if it was soemthing life threatening I would say but for routine stuff like a spey it isn't worth the risk is it :)

beckiboo186 said:
Is Hollie having one by any chance?! :lol: Good Luck lovely girlies Xx
:wink: :wink: :wink:

I'm so glad they are all ok :D :D

Big hugs for Tree for doing a fantastic job fostering all these needy bunnies :D :D

Thanks for posting Jane and Carys :D

Yep unfortunetly we nearly lost Dorris, so she couldn't be spayed. I guess if she's ever desperate for treatment then she coyuld try a bit of gas, but will not try and spay her again. We're thinking she is quite and old bunny, so that might be why she didn't handle the GA.

Other than that the others were done and all girlies are doing great :thumb:

Back