• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Doris, Sad frenchie girl. Cheshire

Also - It will most probably be two rabbits coming home with me from RSPCA Macclesfield instead of just Doris.....details to follow.....:D

(I am being mean today) :lol:

Also - It will most probably be two rabbits coming home with me from RSPCA Macclesfield instead of just Doris.....details to follow.....:D

Does this mean I know an exclusive? :shock:

I won't spoil the surprise though! :lol:

I got Rupert (Prince) from RSPCA Macclesfield, we love him. :D
I've been on their website recently and I loveee Doris' son Noah. :love::love: Trying to persuade the OH to let me bond a trio. :lol:

I have always wanted a big white bunny, he is gorgeous!

Does this mean I know an exclusive? :shock:

I won't spoil the surprise though! :lol:

I got Rupert (Prince) from RSPCA Macclesfield, we love him. :D
I've been on their website recently and I loveee Doris' son Noah. :love::love: Trying to persuade the OH to let me bond a trio. :lol:

I have always wanted a big white bunny, he is gorgeous!

Erm, Noah *might* be already reserved subject to bonding :oops:

Hele - yep! Although I think the cat might be out of the bag now :lol:

Erm, Noah *might* be already reserved subject to bonding :oops:

Hele - yep! Although I think the cat might be out of the bag now :lol:

:lol:

Aw I hope it works out well for you. He is so beautiful. I'm a bit jealous now! :lol:

I guess this is who your other thread about ears is about! I was wondering that about him too, you can't tell from the photo online!

Last edited:

Aw I hope it works out well for you. He is so beautiful. I'm a bit jealous now! :lol:

I guess this is who your other thread about ears is about! I was wondering that about him too, you can't tell from the photo online!

They think Noah is very sight limited, so we are having to adapt their set-up so that he can navigate around easily etc. I hope it won't affect the little love too much :(

They think Noah is very sight limited, so we are having to adapt their set-up so that he can navigate around easily etc. I hope it won't affect the little love too much :(

Aw bless him, I am glad he's going to a good home. :D
I can't wait to see photos of him. I just love giants! :love:

My poppy is has sight issues, she is not blind but does scan so we don't know how much she can see. She is also daft as a brush so where that might mean that others buns are more nervy she is less as often she doesn't have a clue what's going on :roll:

She won't jump off things, if I sat her on the sofa she would not jump off as she wouldn't know how far down the floor was. She does jump onto things into her shed and as long as she jumps up she knows where she can jump down safely. I have on one occasion seen her jump up onto a box and try jumping down from a different side... She landed in their large dog bowl of water :roll:.

She also like sitting close to walls looking directly at them. I think it gives her something to focus on. Other than that she is like a normal bun, she explores new areas more confidently than her fully sighted husbun and happily runs about without a care in the world :love:

They'll make a lovely couple! :lol:

I think so :D Big beautiful aloof bunnies, just what I've always dreamed of. I love PEW's and I've always wanted a blue bun too, so I'm so thrilled they're coming to live with me :love:

My poppy is has sight issues, she is not blind but does scan so we don't know how much she can see. She is also daft as a brush so where that might mean that others buns are more nervy she is less as often she doesn't have a clue what's going on :roll:

She won't jump off things, if I sat her on the sofa she would not jump off as she wouldn't know how far down the floor was. She does jump onto things into her shed and as long as she jumps up she knows where she can jump down safely. I have on one occasion seen her jump up onto a box and try jumping down from a different side... She landed in their large dog bowl of water :roll:.

She also like sitting close to walls looking directly at them. I think it gives her something to focus on. Other than that she is like a normal bun, she explores new areas more confidently than her fully sighted husbun and happily runs about without a care in the world :love:

Thanks - I was going to start a thread looking for people's experiences with blind/sight impaired bunnies, as I'm not entirely sure what to expect! Surely they do most of their exploring with their noses, so it can't affect them too much?

Indeedy :D I've seen a couple more pictures and IMHO the shape of his ears suggest to me that he will lop one day, but who knows :lol:

What a lovely thread.
Can't wait to see pics of them in their new home.

My first bun was sight impaired & TBH all she did that was a little different to a fully sighted bun was scanning.
If they are sight impaired from birth they seem to have adaptive skills to make up for it anyway.

Only just caught up with this thread.

TWO new bunnies - Wow:):)

I've had somebuns who were sight impaired. My Bridge Bun Daisy had very poor sight and eventually had to have one of her eyes removed. She coped really well. Bumble, another Bridge Bun, scanned frequently and had limited vision but he could really move when he wanted to and he was very good at getting into places he shouldn't (but he was a BARC bun, so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised!)

Lucky Bunnies :love:

Noah has little sight and no hearing, but it doesn't worry him in the slightest. You wouldn't know from meeting him, its only when you realise he cant find his dinner :lol: He is a happy chappy, not concerned at all about not seeing or hearing - and he love love loves his snuggles. He has lopped too. Gorgeous Boy.

Just wanted to update this thread, I've hear news from Becky today to say that Doris and Noah have successfully bonded :D

So in early December I will be bringing home two beautiful big bunnies and giving them their forever home :love:

Fantastic news:):)

Can't wait to meet them. Will they both be coming to stay in December?

What time do you finish work? I'm on a course training to be a 111 call handler in Otterbourne this week and for the next two weeks so drive past Eastleigh on the way home. Would be good to pop in and see your new house and your gorgeous fur family if you were around.

x

Back