• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't know what to do ='[

You must be so frustrated. I hate to see anything suffer, and if your pet (your responsibility) is not happy, surely you want to make it better?
My sister had this happen to her. She said she'd look after a 'friend's' bun for a couple of weeks - she wasn't aware that the rabbit had an abcess. She treated it herself and paid for all the treatment, but unfortunately Dudley went to the bridge. The 'friend' never asked about him of offered to pay for any of the treatment.
I don't think it's your repsonsibilty to take this bun on, you have done everything you can, and looking for a new home for him is a lovely gesture - a shame your friend doesn't appreciate it.

He relapsed fortnightly

OMG! Thats awful!

Monty has had it at 6 months old and then twice at 5 years old and then Myxi this year poor thing (obviously not related tho!) :rolleyes:

Has he had any since?

OMG! Thats awful!

Monty has had it at 6 months old and then twice at 5 years old and then Myxi this year poor thing (obviously not related tho!) :rolleyes:

Has he had any since?

We had him on Vit E supplements weekly and from the time he arrived (totally paralysed) he never relapsed ONCE. He has been on once fortnightly capsules for nearly two months and is still fine.

He is being bonded at the moment and going to his new home Thursday :D

Well Gyp is Vitamin E/Selenium deficient as opposed to potassium deficient so he has oil based caplets squeezed onto his food (cut the end of and dispose of the casing). He will have to be hand fed them now he has a bunwife.

Received a text today from one of her house mates saying that he is still acting 'weird' which I assume, she means that his legs are still flopping from time to time. I told her she MUST take him to the vet and mentioned that our vets do a free consultation, which she says she'll push on my friend tonight... fingers crossed!! x

Sorry if someone has already said this ( i haven't read all the threads!) But i have heard that they do this if the have a ear infection, it effects the balance.

I hope she does, I'm not entirely sure what I'd do if it was one of my friends, possibly take him to the vets myself, get him sorted and attempt to rehome him (if I didn't fall in love with him). I'm not suggesting you should do this, I just think I probably would (finances permitting).

Sorry if someone has already said this ( i haven't read all the threads!) But i have heard that they do this if the have a ear infection, it effects the balance.

It usually causes head tilt (wry neck) and knocks them off balance. Dragging the legs is a sign of paralysis and muscle weakness.

I would help her, but I can't risk contaminating my bunnies by having them near a rabbit which isn't vaccinated =[ I'm beating myself up about it, but I currently have 1 indoor rabbit, and 2 outdoor rabbits - so I wouldn't be able to put him anywhere where he would be away from my rabbits - they're my main priority and concern. I know it sounds harsh, but I can't risk them getting anything.

I've told my friend I'll accompany her to the vets, but I've not heard anything. Some people just don't care, which makes me very angry =[ x

Back