• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't forget to Rear Guard!

I have never rear guarded either. I check my bunnies bums daily, usually twice. And their litter trays are changed daily too. Never had a problem.

I have never rear guarded either. I check my bunnies bums daily, usually twice. And their litter trays are changed daily too. Never had a problem.

Some people don't have rabbits who use litter trays and rabbits who do not like being handled (which of course is natural behaviour seeing as how they are prey animals) which is why Rearguard is essential.

Some people don't have rabbits who use litter trays and rabbits who do not like being handled (which of course is natural behaviour seeing as how they are prey animals) which is why Rearguard is essential.

Oh yeah of course, individuals of course have different needs. Just its not an essential for everyone. :wave: Of course if I couldn't handle my rabbits then rearguard would be preferable. Thankfully mine don't mind a daily bum check!

But I don't like the idea of chemicals on my rabbits when the alternative is just a bit of hard work cleaning. :wave:

I agree and wouldn't use chemicals on my pets without good cause. HOWEVER, you could keep everything as clean as a whistle but if you go to work at 7.15am and your elderly bunny sits in a poo at 7.30am, it's going to be 4.30pm before I get back home and realise he's dirty. In this instance, I think it may be sensible to take precautions other than keeping everything spotlessly clean.

In a nutshell it's each to their own. If people want peace of mind use it. If their happy not to because they don't feel their animals need it, don't. :D I guess it's up to the owner to way up the pro's and con's depending on their circumstances and pets ;)

In a nutshell it's each to their own. If people want peace of mind use it. If their happy not to because they don't feel their animals need it, don't. :D I guess it's up to the owner to way up the pro's and con's depending on their circumstances and pets ;)

Totally agree Leanne.

Back