• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

does this sound like he is lonely

i am in the 3 biggets room in the house but i cant keep giving him more space or other wise ill have no room left the cage will sooner or later be made into a 11ft by 5 ft cage hell have half of my room then and of course will have s ome free range time.

I don't mean that you need to keep making his cage bigger, but he does need to get free range time. Even if you can just block off half the room for an hour or two it'll be great for him to stretch his legs :)

:wave:
i would have done this but he eats cardboard and i didnt think u could use sallotape.

This response made my heart sink a little bit. Thing is, he's munching cardboard because he's bored. Like when I'm bored, and there's food around, I'll just eat for the sake of it. So if he was stimulated, he'd be less likely to eat everything.

You don't need to use sellotape, if you look at the pics, the lady who made it made little cuts in the card to slot the boxes onto each other. You could also be creative and use safe string to tie things to the inside of the boxes for him to knock around.

I don't mean that you need to keep making his cage bigger, but he does need to get free range time. Even if you can just block off half the room for an hour or two it'll be great for him to stretch his legs :)

i did get wat u meant im just saying that the plan for some time in the future is a bigger cage and more free range time id never been able to have him fully free ranged until i got a flat of my own. :(

This response made my heart sink a little bit. Thing is, he's munching cardboard because he's bored. Like when I'm bored, and there's food around, I'll just eat for the sake of it. So if he was stimulated, he'd be less likely to eat everything.

You don't need to use sellotape, if you look at the pics, the lady who made it made little cuts in the card to slot the boxes onto each other. You could also be creative and use safe string to tie things to the inside of the boxes for him to knock around.

oh right lol srry i didnt see that it looked like sellotape lol ill try it. he has always eaten cardboard though since a baby even. always had a fascinations of it too.

feel free to correct me someone if Im wrong, but I dont think cardboard is bad for them to eat. The only danger is that he'll fill up on cardboard and not eat enough hay. Afterall, as long as its not coloured it is only wood pulp.

eta- I would advise you against too many toys though, as it just makes his running area even smaller. Only give him a few toys a day, for instance if he has box/boxes then take out all other big toys, and give him only one chew toy and one rolling/throwing toy at a time. Its good that hes in 6x5 now, I didnt know you upgraded and thought he was still in the 6x2 from a week or two ago - well done with this!

Last edited:
feel free to correct me someone if Im wrong, but I dont think cardboard is bad for them to eat. The only danger is that he'll fill up on cardboard and not eat enough hay. Afterall, as long as its not coloured it is only wood pulp.

I think I've read of a few bunnys having problems when they eat it, but I've personally not had a problem and Charlies pen is lined with cardboard

why is it bad if he has coloured boxed???? :shock:

ive always given him cardboard walkers boxes, bakewell tart boxed and stuff like that.

also does anybody know if it is okay to give a bunny a box that use to have tea bags in. ive heard that they like the smell and taste of tea but cant have it.

why is it bad if he has coloured boxed???? :shock:

ive always given him cardboard walkers boxes, bakewell tart boxed and stuff like that.

also does anybody know if it is okay to give a bunny a box that use to have tea bags in. ive heard that they like the smell and taste of tea but cant have it.

its not necessarily bad, theres some debate about whether its harmful in large amounts, its just that dyes have been added to the cardboard and these may not be soy or vegetable based.

I find my bun likes the normal brown cardboard anyway, so I think he can taste it. Amazon cardboard seems to be his favourite for some reason.

Yeah he'll be fine with the tea box, as long as you remove all the little bits of tea in the bottom. I fill yummy food-smelling boxes with hay and they love the smell and think theres something yummy, so chew through and rummage through the hay looking for it.

If youre not sure the ink/dyes are safe, just dont let him eat much of it, he can have a nibble and tear it through.

I wouldn't get another rabbit until you can provide Scooter with free range time out of his pen

its not necessarily bad, theres some debate about whether its harmful in large amounts, its just that dyes have been added to the cardboard and these may not be soy or vegetable based.

I find my bun likes the normal brown cardboard anyway, so I think he can taste it. Amazon cardboard seems to be his favourite for some reason.

Yeah he'll be fine with the tea box, as long as you remove all the little bits of tea in the bottom. I fill yummy food-smelling boxes with hay and they love the smell and think theres something yummy, so chew through and rummage through the hay looking for it.

If youre not sure the ink/dyes are safe, just dont let him eat much of it, he can have a nibble and tear it through.

okay ill try a tea bag box i think it will work a lot better the smell migth lure him a bit lol ill put some othetr smelly stuff in too that he likes.

i really dont think you should get another bun, then you're gonna have 2 buns that are cooped up. i know that sounds harsh and i know that you have all the good intentions, but you cant provide all the stimulation one bun needs what gonna happen when you have 2?
i have this feeling that you think this is gonna be the miracle cure you need but it wont. they will both need free range time, even more than scooter does now if that is even possible. cant you spend even an hour with him a night??

xx

i really dont think you should get another bun, then you're gonna have 2 buns that are cooped up. i know that sounds harsh and i know that you have all the good intentions, but you cant provide all the stimulation one bun needs what gonna happen when you have 2?
i have this feeling that you think this is gonna be the miracle cure you need but it wont. they will both need free range time, even more than scooter does now if that is even possible. cant you spend even an hour with him a night??

xx

srry i havent been on everybody my laptop broke again.

im not sure. i guess i cud most nights. if i wasnt in collage hed have loads of time out. thats one of the annoying things about it :lol:

Back