• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your rabbits live side by side and NOT have referred aggression? U/D Post 29

I have 3 lionheads, mum dad and baby, we had mum spayed and all three of them live n play together quite happily,
This is the house my husband made them

Is the dad neutered? He should really be done, or he'll drive the mum and baby crazy with all the humping. Is baby a female or male?

Your house looks great though! Well done hubby! :D

Yeah dad is a lil horny hehe but he is getting neutered at the end of this month along with son, They have only lived together since the summer but they do seem very happy, which is a great bonus in this cold weather as they all snuggle down together,

Their hutch is fab aint it, worth keeping my husband for his handywork if nothing else lol.

Yeah dad is a lil horny hehe but he is getting neutered at the end of this month along with son, They have only lived together since the summer but they do seem very happy, which is a great bonus in this cold weather as they all snuggle down together,

Their hutch is fab aint it, worth keeping my husband for his handywork if nothing else lol.

:lol::lol::lol:

I have a pair in a crate and playpen in my room. I just cover over the crate with blankets and a free range bunny in my room. I also have a pair just outside my bedroom door and I don't have a problem with referred agression.

They used to.

When i first put them near each other domino went crazy, but peanut butter and jelly didnt even care. Once domino calmed down they were fine, and until they were a foursome they often were side by side in their runs and didnt mind.

I use roughly the same rules as bonding, disinfect and neutralise everything, and makesure the bunnies cannot touch noses to bite eachother. Ive moved Teddy into the garage after alot of problems of referred aggression from Joey to begin with, but after a few weeks of letting him smell Teddy but not anywhere near him when Neutralised the garage and moved him in Joey was cross to start with but now referred aggression then he settled down and they are fine now.

I did the same with Tinks and dreamer when they arrived they lived happily next to joey and saffy before i bonded them.

It might do. The most likely problem caused by his scent being around is that the pair could loose their litter training in an attempt to cover up his scent.

Boards will definitely help. Buns seem to get excited by the scent AND sight of other rabbits, so should help to minimize their excitement

i agree with this if you do decide to try and bond charlie with your pair, i really would suggest outside help with this, someone elses place

im only saying this going by charlies behaviour during your bonding, he mayyy settle with a partner of his own, my linus use to go nuts if he saw any other buns he would attack his wife mount her for ages,
the only thing i can think of is to split the room in half so they dont share the same space or you really will have toliet probs

I have had no problems with referred aggression at all - luckily. My set up is basically my 'rabbit empire' a 12 ft by 12 ft stable room. In this there are 3 hutches - one hutch has a hole in the back leading to an aviary type run (20ft by 15ft) for my family of 4; then in the stable I have a one tier hutch housing a pair who are free range and a two tier hutch run combo housing another pair. It also has a pen around it so they can't bite each other through the bars and boards were put there initially too until they got used to the smell of each other (so couldn't see). Both pairs are all put out during the day in two large runs and can see each other in those. It seems ok; I kind of just went for it and made it as safe as possible for each 'hutch' inhabitant. I like to think they have a nice life though would not be able to take any more as 'the inn is full'. :)
I do think it depends on the rabbits and the bonded pair - in my last bonded pair the female was a nightmare and might have had referred aggression so I covered the front of the hutch with blankets so they couldn't see each other.

:wave: just to update - all 3 buns are in the spare room now - have been since yesterday and there have been no repucussions :D

I have let Sooty and Oreo out and they are fine - no fighting over the extra space, and there were a fair few binkies going on!! after being couped up for a week.
Charlie has been running round most of today aswell and I let the pair out later and there was no trouble at all - no scenting, chinning, poops so it all seems ok. I have got boards up at the moment to divide, just to tread cautiously - which once they get used to the smell of each other I will take them away. They are still seperate enough not to nip though.

Charlie actually appears more settled too, with lots of flops and seems to be eating more? Dont know why..

So far so good :D Thanks for all your help everyone that replied x

:wave: just to update - all 3 buns are in the spare room now - have been since yesterday and there have been no repucussions :D

I have let Sooty and Oreo out and they are fine - no fighting over the extra space, and there were a fair few binkies going on!! after being couped up for a week.
Charlie has been running round most of today aswell and I let the pair out later and there was no trouble at all - no scenting, chinning, poops so it all seems ok. I have got boards up at the moment to divide, just to tread cautiously - which once they get used to the smell of each other I will take them away. They are still seperate enough not to nip though.

Charlie actually appears more settled too, with lots of flops and seems to be eating more? Dont know why..

So far so good :D Thanks for all your help everyone that replied x

Yay fingers crossed they continue to be good bunnies :love:

Back