• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your rabbits have veg every day?

Do your rabbits have veg every day?

• Yes

Votes: 95 85.6%
  • No

Votes: 16 14.4%

• Total voters
Still no spring greens though :evil:
Not sure which area of Norfolk you are in but there are spring greens in sainsburys at thorpe st andrew and tesco at blue boar, norwich :D

my lot usually have a mixture of veg including carrots, spring greens, brocoli, spring greens, coriander, parsley :D Also i give mine veg straight from the veg and i have never had any problems with it

Last edited:
Yes every day he gets a least something. My local Veg man said all the spring greens perished in the snow :(

Morrisons are so on and off with the spring greens, actually they didnt have alot at all and it was hell in there!! I went to the farm shop in the end
(but still no spring greens - so still need the package )

Yeah, I know, my mum shops there so she picks up the veg for the rabbits once a week, but they'll have springs one week then not the next which is annoying because they never eat all the cabage. I work at Sainsbury's now though so I told her not to bother getting cabage if they don't have springs cos I can pick so up after work.

I give spring greens (if I have some), savoy cabbage if not, bit of broccoli, parsnip, fresh grass, basil, carrot, apple.

In the summer when the brambles are nice and big they love to eat those. Obviously the thorns don't bother them ^^

Probably spend about £3 a week tops. The greens are about 70-80p and a bage of them lasts a week, broccoli about 80-90p and then carrots and stuff aren't brought just for the rabbit so not sure how much it would be for them.

How much do you guys give? I've brought Stella inside now he's on his own, so he won't get grass as much, but usually it would be 2-3 spring green leaves, half a big carrot or a whole small one, couple of sprigs of broccoli and half an apple which will usually last all day.

Last edited:
Yep our buns get veg every day around 8pm :) Ive been known to make a special trip to tesco if ive not got enough veg for everybun :oops: They get fed better than we do :lol: xx

Morning and evening for my boys, they are waiting in the morning for it! It comes straight out of the fridge and doesn't seem to bother them.

Morning and evening for my lot too, including the piggies, and straight out of the fridge - it's never caused any problems.

Vin has veg most days, normally spring greens, in the evening. If I run out, I'm not particularly bothered as she's a bit hay eater and will go for scented hay over fresh food (with the exception of basil) any day. At the moment she's getting a lot of veg as I'm trying to get her to put on weight.

My three get veg every evening. They know when its veggie time, and nuggie time. As some have said I would not be brave enough not to give them some form of veg or nuggies as they would then sulk for at least a week.

Mostly they get kale or spring greens, and Smudge has very refined tastes in that it has to be a certain brand or its simply not good enough. Occasionally they get brocolli, carrots, parsnips, etc. Though they again are very refined and if its not properly prepared then they turn their nose up at it.

Its as if they are thinking "you expect ME to have to cut it down to bite size chunks"....

Its as if they are thinking "you expect ME to have to cut it down to bite size chunks"....

Haha, I get this too. If the spring greens aren't chopped she turns her nose up. However, I have a 'like it or lump it' approach so she eats it eventually!

Veg every day, usually spring greens, carrot, parsnip, broc, celery and whatever else I have in, it was grape sticks/vine-ey things today. Between 6and 8pm with their hay topped up.

I have forgotten to feed them twice though :oops: other than being grumpy with me they were fine.

Yep, even if it's just a handful of grass. If you find spring greens expensive why not buy a pack of seeds for £1.50 that will probably grow you enough to last all summer :)

Yep, even if it's just a handful of grass. If you find spring greens expensive why not buy a pack of seeds for £1.50 that will probably grow you enough to last all summer :)

Thats a good idea - I was thinking of trying to grow my own stuff - Im not complaining about the cost - Im more than willing to pay for it but was just thinking if they didnt need veg everyday it would save some £££s

My buns love their veg so wouldnt stop it anyway - I do wonder though whether people not on here feed theirs any veg? -when I was younger and none the wiser :oops::oops: my bunny used to just get the scraps on a sunday :cry::cry: If only I knew then what I know now!!

am i wrong but is that what rabbits eat. Mine have a almost constant supply of fresh green food with tons of hay and a hand full of pellets. just wonderin what do your rabbits eat if they dont get veg?
I forgot to mention the grass and dandylions that are freely available now, they love the natural food.:)

Ive been wondering what happened to all the spring greens! Our Asdas have had none in for ages & only occasionally do they have the ready shredded bags. Thank goodness for Savoy.

My buns get veggies every night normally a couple of savoy leaves (in place of spring greens), carrots & parsnips (couple of bits each) & mints leaves. I hate to think what would happen if I didnt have their food for them. I'd probably get up in the morning to find them all sitting with their backs to me :lol:

Back