• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

DO NOT BUY "Naturals Carrot Pellets" Bin them!!!

Not had any problems but will be binning mine as not worth the risk.

I think that's the important thing - I hadn't had any problems until Friday, now I will never take that risk as next time I might not be able to save them.

I know there is a risk with many treats/items but when something is known to have caused a problem more than once it really isn't worth risking a life.

Hi there. Bunny number three that choked on them here & we also had a bun in rescue who inhaled on into her nose. They are very thin (about 1 mm across) and long. I think it sooties case he was snaffling them far too quickly and rather than crunching like they would do a normal pellet he may have tried to swallow it whole or with only a little chewing. This then blocked his windpipe. I was going to hold of on broadcasting the dangers of them until I wrote to the manufacturers to see if they had had any other problems as It had only happened to two buns that I knew of, however as Hugo's there & vickie have had the same problem I think it is better to be safe than sorry.

They are about the same diameter as the Oxbow bunny basics pellets, about 3 mm, I would guess. They are not as crumbly though, they are quite hard. But they are not harder or thinner than a stalky piece of hay or the sharp edge of a willow basket/ring. Maybe they are so yummy that some bunnies eat them too fast, as someone said.
I can't be difficult to produce them in a different shape or make them a bit softer.

Are these problems all with inhaling them or have bunnys choked when eating?As i only hand feed these 1at a time as a treat,do you think the same problem would occur?there is no way they can inhale them.have binned mine now but was just wondering....

My lot love these.. have got through quite a few bags without any problems :?

Lucy and Abi had never had problems with them before either but both buns ended up with emergence trips to the vets as a result.

Choking rabbits are very difficult to deal with as they are designed to be able to eat and breathe at the same time so their pipes join a lot further down -hence why it is so difficult for them to mouth breathe and to choke.

sooty was eating them off my hand not rather than being fed each individual piece and I think our other rescue bun was the same. It might be slightly different if you are feeding one at a time but I wont be trying it out :)

Please let us know what the manufacturers say. It's worrying to know that people out there will be buying these treats and taking an unnecessary risk. They need to be reshaped as someone has already said.

I am now worried about Allan and Page as my buns have these mixed in with their SS.

Rabswood

Just a quick update - I have sent Rosewood Pets (manufacturers) an email so I will update this thread should I get a response.

Just to add my mums bun Phoebe nearly choked on these as well and we won't be buying any more :shock:

Oh my gosh - That's at least 4 individual bunnies now :(

Just think of all the other poor bunnies who might not make it and their poor owners finding them when it's too late :cry:

I really hope they take notice of my email :?

I won't be risking them with my bunnies thanks to this thread... I'll try the rats with them and if they don't like them I'll be binning them!

Also if you want to send a letter if you have had problems the person/place to do so is:

Neil Panter
Rosewood Pet Products
45 COALPORT ROAD
BROSELEY
SHROPSHIRE
TF12 5AN

The product Code is: 19413/12

neil Panter is the controlling shareholder & director of the company so I thought a good person to start with.

Back