• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Devastated - Little Alfie Is Dead (unwanted P@h Bunny)

Oh no! I'm so very, very sorry to hear this :cry:

So glad he knew what it was like to be loved.

Binky free little Alfie.

Please don't feel guilty or blame yourself, you did everything you could for Alfie. Even though he was only with you for a short time take comfort from knowing he finally knew what it was like to be loved and cared for.

binky free Alfie x

He was so so so loved by us all - that's what makes it so hard to take. We had so much more to give him too - he had just moved in to a 'big boy's hutch' and looked so cute in there with his blankie. I miss cuddling him so much:cry:

So very sorry, I know how hard it is to make that decision.

He felt love before he left for the bridge and that's what he will take with him xxx

I'm so, so sorry. I've been thinking of him throughout the day. Devastated for you but at least he finally felt love.

Binky Free Alfie

Off to bed now - mentally exhausted, headache and broken heart - thank you for your support, as ever very much appreciated even if some comments made me howl even louder. Little Alfie will hopefully have found my little Benny and they will both be looking down on me with their sweet little faces and tufty little scuts :love:ALFIE:love:BENNY:love:both at the bridge together waiting for Mummy:love:

Oh no..I'm devastated for you, have just read all of little alfie's story, it's sooo sad but I agree with what has been said already, you gave him the love and the life he deserved, if only for a short time. Be proud of yourself.
x

What can i say........I'm sobbing for you.:cry:. God bless Alfie and Benny binky free at the bridge beautiful special boys.xxxxx

Oh no not Alfie :( I was so hoping he was going to make it and enjoy a long happy life and be spoiled to bits, thank goodness you got him and at that he DID actually know what it was to be loved and looked after properly. Sleep tight Alfie xxxx

Back