• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dermot-OMG Here we go AGAIN-U/D 2nd Feb- He Made It :-)

Thinking of you Jane I know how stressful GI can be let alone repeat episodes so close together.

Poor Dermot, poor you.

Sending vibes to both of you xx

Just got in from work and catching up, I hope he is still fighting Jane :( I remember the coldness so well, their poor little ears. Some of my last moments at home with Casp were spent with him huddled to me for warmth :(

Jason, Dermot has suspected Pyloric Stenosis, its a terminal illness :cry::cry:

To my utter amazement Dermot has bounced back from the brink again :shock::D
Once I managed to get his body temperature up he started to 'fight back'. By midnight he was able to sit up and he also drank some of his Spearmint and Camomile Tea for himself :D By 0200hrs he began to hop about and eat hay.
He also produced a lot of poo :D
To see him now you would never know he was at deaths door less than 12 hours ago. He is charging about like a looney and scoffing hay :D

It is so hard to let him go when he is so well between episodes. Its just that this week has been a bad one in that the 'episodes' have occured 3 times :cry:
I will seek Christabel's advice. If she thinks it is unfare to keep him going I will let him go. I feel I should know what to do, but I dont

:cry:

Janex

That reminds me of Monty on the 1st day I met him, the way he recovered from the blood loss. I said it's a miracle. Jane, get some rest, it's late

That reminds me of Monty on the 1st day I met him, the way he recovered from the blood loss. I said it's a miracle. Jane, get some rest, it's late

Thanks Jason. Its early over here !! :wave:

.......and can you believe that its now ME that has tummy ache :roll:

Janex

Its great that hes better again Jane :D

Thanks Katie. I am keeping him on his meds today as although he is 'acting better' his guts still dont feel right when I examin him. Also, the area of thickening around the pylorus is markedly worse :cry: I fear Dermot is very much on borrowed time now

:cry:

Janex

Im so pleased to hear Dermot is here to fight another day. Bunnies are just remarkebale in their ability to recovery with the right help. Inca has totally amazed me today :D

This is great Jane, :D Im so pleased he is felling better and eating/poohing.
Big hugs to you and Dermot x x x

Back