• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Decisions: Re-Boblet Accomodation

I don't think Gisela was offensive either, simply expressing an 'alternative' opinion.

Personally I would put them outside, I'm sure they'll have a fab life there and as long as you take care to make the run fox proof which I know you will the risk will be minimal and the pluses will be more than that small risk imo. You must be running out of room inside ;) :lol:

All my rabbits are happy outside. My relationship with them isn't as good as if they were houserabbits but cos they have each other I'm not sure they actually 'miss' me or care whether I'm there or not :rolleyes:

The alternative of course is to move further north where property is cheaper and you could buy a bigger house ;)

I thought property prices up North were catching up ? I must say the thought of a move appeals but just wish it would not involve so much STRESS!!

Janex

It depends where you go. For example in Blackburn you can buy a large house fairly cheaply but schools nearby aren't that great. In the Ribble Valley where I live schools are better but property is megaexpensive (hence us doing up a 'dump' it's all we could afford). Perhaps Sheffield, or the Peak District? Matlock was well priced a few years ago and it's lovely there. Any of the Lancashire towns are fairly cheap and the surrounding countryside is beautiful.

Get your house valued and we'll find you a house :D

erm.... you could ask Kirsty and Phill to help find you a house within budget with a large garden and lots of rooms for housebunnies - I'd love to see that programme, it would really raise awareness of rabbits ;)

Jane:

You are jumping in a shopping frenzy due to that gigantic cheque.:lol:

Don't rush your shopping. I know the feeling as there were time in the past mth. that I get a single payment of say $2K, and I just went to the super market and buy tasty seafood.:mrgreen:

The item you are buying is what we called "Big ticket item". Anything over $500 or so, £250, is considered a big ticket item as they last more than a few years.

I have MANY big ticket items that I want, and all I done so far is hand write them down on my calendar. If I need to buy one of those buy ticket item, I would seriously shop around. My shopping around on any big ticket item takes me several weeks to do local calling, and searching in the internet.

Keep in mind that sometimes, local purchase can be cheaper as there is no shipping cost.

As to that item, I think it's way too high. Also, the hollow mesh wire part is too much, so too much wind goes in there. The worse part is the fact that because it is so high, you are paying some material that you never going to use.

With my house, since summer 2005, what I done was I moved (and throw away) junk to my basement, as such, I got a lot more room on the main fl. and 2nd fl. for Goofball to hop around. It took me many days to re-think the junk in the house, and figure the ones I never really use, or rarely use, so I can dump them all to the basement.

If your house has no basement, an alternative is to buy a big metal outdoor shed, and transfer things in the house that you rarely use to that shed and make lots more room for the buns.

:wave: Jane I have the dog kennel run you pictured but from another Company and love it :D They built me a bunny door :lol: Its great because the run is covered too. I would highly recommend them. Ive ordered another off my supplier a 12 x 6ft :oops: :D

:wave: Jane I have the dog kennel run you pictured but from another Company and love it :D They built me a bunny door :lol: Its great because the run is covered too. I would highly recommend them. Ive ordered another off my supplier a 12 x 6ft :oops: :D

Having seen pics of your set up Steph I now know what I want for The Boblets :D
My back garden is in for a major make-over :shock: :lol: :lol:

Janex

Don't want to be rude - but a cheque keeps getting a mention! Have you had a windfall Jane?

Cara x

ignore those comments, no doubt we will get the same old excuse soon "English isn't my first language", but like me I doubt you will get an apology for the offence caused

I don't think Gisele meant to offend at all. Her comments and questions I think were just trying to get an idea of how much space Jane has left in her house and that seeing as there are 5 bundles of joy living together they will not need Janes company as much as the rest of her gang. Thats all. I think she asked some fair questions and not everyone knows the exact set up of everyones homes on here.

Snowy. Your above comments are shocking. That is really offensive what you have written.

Jane, you are doing a fantastic job with all the buns and everyone knows it. I personally think you should go for an outdoor shed/kennel run combo as like someone else said, if its made to keep a large dog in it should be fox proof and you can always put extra seurity on it inc more bolts and a movement sensitive light on it too :) They will love it! Then the indoor free space can be used for even more bunsters!!! ;) I really should not encourage you should I?:lol:

I really should not encourage you should I?:lol:

Errrrrrrmmmm......:? :?

NO !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steph has very kindly given me lots of info re the dog kennel/run set up which I think I will be going for.
Plus the bloke who delivers them does erections for £30.................:shock: ;) :shock:

How could I possibly refuse.......:lol: :lol: :lol:

Janex

Don't want to be rude - but a cheque keeps getting a mention! Have you had a windfall Jane?

Cara x

Not exactly a windfall ,but I won a legal case against a previous GP. Took almost 3 VERY STRESSFUL years of fighting but it was worth it to be proved right.

Janex :)

I had something to say and now I cant remember what :lol: I like what you posted jane, but I think you can get better than that for a better price. Again it depends on the space you have.
I know what you mean about the foxes and not having them outside - but although however nice the idea is to have them out in the day and in at night *this is what I struggle with* - when winter comes and you are putting them out in the day and in at night still - I always worry that they are really going to feel it. Even though it is in the day time. :?

Now I remember what I was going to say :lol: - I am really thick but dont conservatories get really hot ?
Anyways Jane everybody knows that whatever you decide to do - you will do it for the best for the bunnies - Cos however much you think keeping them in is more for your benefit than theirs. If it was better for them to be out, you would do it.... cos your care for them and what they need always ultimately over rides how we feel.

I had something to say and now I cant remember what :lol: I like what you posted jane, but I think you can get better than that for a better price. Again it depends on the space you have.
I know what you mean about the foxes and not having them outside - but although however nice the idea is to have them out in the day and in at night *this is what I struggle with* - when winter comes and you are putting them out in the day and in at night still - I always worry that they are really going to feel it. Even though it is in the day time. :?

Now I remember what I was going to say :lol: - I am really thick but dont conservatories get really hot ?
Anyways Jane everybody knows that whatever you decide to do - you will do it for the best for the bunnies - Cos however much you think keeping them in is more for your benefit than theirs. If it was better for them to be out, you would do it.... cos your care for them and what they need always ultimately over rides how we feel.

You are right, a conservatory would get too hot.

You are right, a conservatory would get too hot.

Not once the air-conditioning's installed :lol: But on that note, sheds get incredibly hot due to the black roofing felt soaking up the heat all day. I find it much easier to shade my hutches than my shed (obviously) - although washing lines strung with sheets aren't pretty :rolleyes:

Forgot to say - if my bunnies didn't have shaded concrete runs to lie on (like melted puddles last summer) they would really get too hot - concrete flooring is really nice for them (lucky me has a brick shed with concrete floor - but the roof acts like a storage heater in summer - boiling all night :rolleyes: )

Forgot to say - if my bunnies didn't have shaded concrete runs to lie on (like melted puddles last summer) they would really get too hot - concrete flooring is really nice for them (lucky me has a brick shed with concrete floor - but the roof acts like a storage heater in summer - boiling all night :rolleyes: )
I bought some of these and stapled them to the roof.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUNSCREEN-Car...7QQihZ003QQcategoryZ72202QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.
I couldn,t believe what a difference it made:D

Jane,

Is there a thread on your legal case?

Off topic, but one of my greatest thrills was gaining compensation from solicitors, who did our conveyancing. A property we bought turned out to be not all ours :( Yes, it totally stressful, especially as the rightfull owner (as we subseqently found out) was a total nutter.

Cara x

Jane,

Is there a thread on your legal case?

Off topic, but one of my greatest thrills was gaining compensation from solicitors, who did our conveyancing. A property we bought turned out to be not all ours :( Yes, it totally stressful, especially as the rightfull owner (as we subseqently found out) was a total nutter.

Cara x

There was a thread about it but for personal reasons I requested it be removed :)
I am pleased that you too won your case. I must say my Solicitor has been WONDERFUL and it was only his dogged determination to get justice for me that made the GMC and MDU sit up and take notice.
Of course people can make mistakes and errors of judgement. But when a medical professional makes such an error of judgement that has dire consequences they MUST be held accountable and not be allowed to brush the matter 'under the carpet'.

Janex

A Bunny Door!!!!:D Please please please can you show us a pic of the bunny door - I'm dying to see it now!! Sooo cute!!! :love:

Snowy. Your above comments are shocking. That is really offensive what you have written.

No it isn't, it's the truth, this person made abusive comments about our rabbits and when pointed out I was told "oh well English isn't my first language and things come out wrong", but still no apology, NOW THAT'S WHAT I FIND OFFENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and certainly not me telling the truth

Last edited:
No it isn't, it's the truth, this person made abusive comments about our rabbits and when pointed out I was told "oh well English isn't my first language and things come out wrong", but still no apology, NOW THAT'S WHAT I FIND OFFENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and certainly not me telling the truth

Saying they dislike a particular breed of rabbit isn't abusive, that's going a bit over the top :?
Regardless of that I think your comment on this thread was totally out of order - two wrongs don't make a right and Gisela wasn't even rude in her post on this thread IMO (and several others')

Back