• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Decisions: Re-Boblet Accomodation

You have to think about the bunnies first. If you manage to keep all 5 bonded , they will be happy with each other, they won't mind being outside. Do you have a free room in your house? You can't keep them in a small pen, especially if they manage to escape from it. They would need a whole room. And you have those other bunnies that are with Angie, too. Where are you going to put them? And what if the boblets all have pasteurella? Wouldn't it be safer for the other bunnies, if they were outside?
A shed and run can be fox proof, if you put them on a paved area. And you can still sit in a shed and play with them. Gives you some fresh air, too. :D

You have to think about the bunnies first. If you manage to keep all 5 bonded , they will be happy with each other, they won't mind being outside. Do you have a free room in your house? You can't keep them in a small pen, especially if they manage to escape from it. They would need a whole room. And you have those other bunnies that are with Angie, too. Where are you going to put them? And what if the boblets all have pasteurella? Wouldn't it be safer for the other bunnies, if they were outside?
A shed and run can be fox proof, if you put them on a paved area. And you can still sit in a shed and play with them. Gives you some fresh air, too. :D

I actually find your comments quite offensive :? As if I would not put my Rabbit's welfare first
And to my knowledge I only have ONE Rabbit in Foster Care..........

Jane

I did not mean to offend, but give you stuff to think about. You asked for opinions. You yourself raised the point whether you put your needs first.

I did not mean to offend, but give you stuff to think about. You asked for opinions. You yourself raised the point whether you put your needs first.

Just feel VERY upset that anyone would infer that I am putting my Rabbits health at risk. As you well know I work closely with a qualified Veterinary surgeon and she has visited my home on many occassions. If she felt my Rabbits health were at risk she'd say so. Also, I doubt ARC would want me to longterm foster for them..........

I will now request Admin lock this thread

Jane

That's weird, because I was actually thinking just yesterday how much I would LOVE to have a big conservatory on the back of my house for the bunnies to binky around in to their heart's content during the cold wet winter months!!!!!:D :D Ahh, to win the lottery......I would go on a HUGE bunny spending spree!!!!!:D :D

Just feel VERY upset that anyone would infer that I am putting my Rabbits health at risk. As you well know I work closely with a qualified Veterinary surgeon and she has visited my home on many occassions. If she felt my Rabbits health were at risk she'd say so. Also, I doubt ARC would want me to longterm foster for them..........

I will now request Admin lock this thread

Jane

Jane, don't get get upset, we all KNOW that you would never compromise your rabbits health or put them in any danger, you do an amazing job with all the bunnies and for ARC, ignore those comments, no doubt we will get the same old excuse soon "English isn't my first language", but like me I doubt you will get an apology for the offence caused

Jane, I'm sure Bavbun didn't mean to hurt your feelings or infer anything. The two of you are good caring bun fosters. Sometimes the way things are written can seem different to the way they were meant. xxxxxxx

What about keep the Boblets outside during the day in a shed/run combo and then bringing them inside during the evening? Best of both worlds then and no guilt! xxxx:D

I am not using my language as an excuse, but in Touie's thread about pasteurella you said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by touie

So after reading that am i correct in thinking that while I have rabbits with Pasturella it would be better for me to not get any more as even if they don't have symptoms they could be carriers and could infect any potential new rabbits?

Correct

Janex

So that made me think that it is a danger to other bunnies. But obviously not to all bunnies. :?

Gisela

Just to help reassure you, Jane has Bobbie and the Boblets separated in another room from all the rest of her bunnies to minimise any risk to the remainder of the buns in her care. They may be penned off but they have plenty of space to run about and get adequate exercise. The set up she has is more than adequate for them at the momet.

I am sure the Boblets will love being outside - especially in the type of accommodation you will provide. :D

All our bunnies have been outdoor bunnies. Our relationship with the bunnies has been dictated by their character, as much as whether they are indoor/outdoor. They are free range during the day, but always put away at night.

They are always glad to see me in the garden. Currently we have two rabbits - Sweep is our character, confident rabbit. He will often be seen gazing at the conservatory door, waiting to come into the house. Rosie is far more aloof. But that is her character rather than the fact she is an indoor/outdoor rabbit.

In my opinion (I stand to be shot down!) outdoors is a far more natural place for a rabbit to be.

That is not to say that there are not many, many happy indoor rabbits I am sure. Given the choice, though, in all honesty - would a rabbit (all things being equal), choose to be outside or inside I wonder?

Honestly, Jane. Inside or outside - the Boblets will have an outstanding quality of life with you - so don't add to your stress over the decision!

HTH
Cara x

Gisela

Just to help reassure you, Jane has Bobbie and the Boblets separated in another room from all the rest of her bunnies to minimise any risk to the remainder of the buns in her care. They may be penned off but they have plenty of space to run about and get adequate exercise. The set up she has is more than adequate for them at the momet.

Thank you Janice :)

Janex

I don't think what Gisela said was offensive at all - she's just raising concerns for the rabbits involved like tons of members do on other threads all the time, why is it any different here? :? If every thread was locked for having a potentially negative response to the original answer we would have a bit of an empty forum :lol:

:oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was having a nosey at some conservatories yesterday. Crikey some of them are HUGE :shock: I suspect they would need planning permission :?
Dont know what the rules are re conservatories :?

Something else to do some research on!!

Janex :)

I don't think Gisela was offensive either, simply expressing an 'alternative' opinion.

Personally I would put them outside, I'm sure they'll have a fab life there and as long as you take care to make the run fox proof which I know you will the risk will be minimal and the pluses will be more than that small risk imo. You must be running out of room inside ;) :lol:

All my rabbits are happy outside. My relationship with them isn't as good as if they were houserabbits but cos they have each other I'm not sure they actually 'miss' me or care whether I'm there or not :rolleyes:

The alternative of course is to move further north where property is cheaper and you could buy a bigger house ;)

I was having a nosey at some conservatories yesterday. Crikey some of them are HUGE :shock: I suspect they would need planning permission :?
Dont know what the rules are re conservatories :?

Something else to do some research on!!

Janex :)

I think planning permission depends on the size of it and whether you're in a conservation area. If you have the room a small extension might be better as conservatories do get a bit hot for bunnies in summer don't they.

I vote for moving north :p

Back