• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Custom made insulated hutch covers?

Ezleanne

New Kit
Hi:wave:

Does anyone know of someone who is able to custom make INSULATED hutch covers?? I am in the East Midlands (or someone who will post out).I have two single hutches one on top of the other, the top is a bit smaller than the bottom hutch which isn't a major problem although it would be nice to have a snugly fitting cover :) However, I have been looking around and on the internet for one where the front is plastic see through and the whole front piece lifts up (not compartments that velcro up). The only ones I can find with this design are the Scratch & Newton ones which do not cater for the size of my hutches :cry: One of those would be perfect, but to custom make your own size its £70 and then I would need a custom made hutch snuggle for the insulation at £90. That's £160!! :shock: which seems an awful lot to me.

I'm sure someone with experience in making hutch covers and attaching zips, plastic windows and insulation foil to the inside, would be able to do it much cheaper with the bits from B&Q or somewhere like that. I have thought of buying Tarpaulin and the foil and making a full cover, but would really like to be able to leave the front down on rainy days with my bunnies being able to see out!:) And also so I haven't got to take it off/on to clean the hutches out etc. If anyone has used someone they can recommend who made their cover and are pretty flexible on specifics, Id greatly appreciate their contact details ;) :love:
Sorry for the long post.Thank you for reading xx

Last edited:
My hutches are the Grand Villa and Grand Villa XL in Tongue & Groove. I know these are pretty good hutches but I'm such a worrier about my bunnies being out in cold weather, especially when it snows! :( I think about if it were me outside in a wooden hutch, Id want as much protection from the cold as possible. Yes my buns have their fur and also lots and lots of hay, but if there is something else I know about which can be added to make them even more snugly, then I want it for them :love: I've recently bought those hutch snuggle pads too :)

Thanks Amy104, how do you attach them to your run? Have you used them for your cover aswell or does it already have see through parts?

Thanks

My cover already has a seethrough front, the windows are on the sides of my run attached by cableties through the eyelets, my buns aren't chewers. I then have corrugated roofing sheets on the run roof. These side windows really make a difference as it stops rain being blown in at the sides.

I can take a pic the weekend if it helps.

My hutch cover is from here but as I said it was expensive.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RABBIT-HUTCH-COVERS-MADE-TO-MEASURE-/181097540663?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item2a2a412c37

Wow those custom made covers look brilliant! Just what im after!! Thanks for that. Do you mind me asking how big your hutch is and how much the cover cost? :D

Hutch is 6ft x 2ft x 2ft.

Cover was about £90 but that was a couple of years ago.

Its an insulated one with clear day covers and night covers which are interchangeable or can be used together.

It still looks new though and is really excellent quality.

Thank you.Well I have emailed the man and he's quoted me £110 for an insulated cover with day/night flaps at the front. It is expensive but no need to buy 2 separate covers which was going to cost £160+ postage. It will fit perfectly and I'm getting it on Tuesday :):thumb: Plus no postage to pay as I'm collecting it, he is only 18 miles from me!
I can't thank you enough, well chuffed :love:

Back