• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

crystal has slits in her ears!! :'(

I'm sure I have already said I don't show her!? And it could be something entirely different, it might be nothing to with the ring, but I don't know .…

Thats why people are advising you to take her to a different vet. They might be able to tell what is wrong with her foot and if the ring is causing it.

I'm sure I have already said I don't show her!? And it could be something entirely different, it might be nothing to with the ring, but I don't know .…

As Sky-O said, i didnt say you showed her. I was just saying that it was unlikely that the breeder would ring a rabbit with a leg problem as breeders only ring rabbits they want to show, and you cant show a rabbit with a dodgy leg. Meaning that the problem proberly developed after it was put on (possibly due to it)
Even if the ring didnt cause the problem, ideally it should be taken off as it sounds to me it may be too tight and may cause more problems in the future.

I might be something different or it could be entirely down to the ring, vets don't necessarily know best which is awful when you're paying to see them. For a good recommendation you could get in touch with local rescues and ask who they use.
In the meantime you could take a look at the ring yourself and see if you think it could be digging in and causing damage. As vee-jay said, you should be able to turn it easily, it is loose enough to do that?

Nobody's here to make you feel bad, just trying to help :wave:

I dont live anywhere near there so cant help with the vets, sorry.

But maybe a picture would help with the leg? Can you twist it round easily?

eta: battlekat got there first :lol:

Ok , I will check tomorrow, I'll take pics (that'll take a while to download) and I'll tell you but now to get some sleep!! School tomorrow :lol::wave::)

hi

I use orchard house, got ash spayed there (it did cost something like £75:roll::shock:) in my view they are a reliable, they have looked after ash really well and haven't had any problems with them, they always check over my rabbit and know what is best!:)

To add to that, I know XcrystalX in person, and I know that she would never do anything to cause or let crystal go into pain, I think a lot of people are quite harsh on here, I know personally how hard it is to convince parent on things, and pressuring XcrystalX isn't going to make a difference to the situation because her parents have said no!

XcrystalX is a great owner, you can see that, she is obviously worried about putting crystal under, she is a good owner and just a teenager stop having a go and putting pressure on her!

However lots of people hav been helpful,so thanks to those!

ash&crystal

Ash&cyrstal

Back