• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Court application for my rabbits removed, what can I do!? U/D #94

Hi, I’m sorry to read all this, what a distressing thread, I’ve been away so just back online. Just wanted to say I’m also sending you vibes and to say how amazing you are to have coped with all this. I really hope that things have turned around for you. Everyone deserves peace and to be free from harassment. Please don’t think you have to apologise for any of your posts, I’m so glad members of RU were around. What lovely people on here. Big hugs to you. Xx

Allotment act 1950

Under the allotment act you are allowed to keep chickens+rabbits on any land that may be rented to you unless there is specific clause in your tenancy agreement with explanation why you cannot keep chicken for your own use only .this includes any land that is withing any boundry of your home which you pay rent for . the full act can be seen on line but here is the quote from that act

12 Abolition of contractual restrictions on keeping hens and rabbits.E+W.(1)Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in any lease or tenancy or in any covenant, contract or undertaking relating to the use to be made of any land, it shall be lawful for the occupier of any land to keep, otherwise than by way of trade or business, hens or rabbits in any place on the land and to erect or place and maintain such buildings or structures on the land as reasonably necessary for that purpose: .
Provided that nothing in this subsection shall authorise any hens or rabbits to be kept in such a place or in such a manner as to be prejudicial to health or a nuisance or affect the operation of any enactment.
Hope this helps it helped us alot

Just wanted to add to all the brilliant stuff so far:
- make sure you go to any court hearings if at all possible. Actually turning up in person puts a whole different slant on the proceedings. If you / your mum are not there, your dad is more likely to get his applications rubber stamped as the judge / magistrate only has their side of the story and can't clarify anything with you, and makes it look like you are not bothered by the outcome. It may also make him think twice about trying something else.

I have been to court with a friend who rents out properties and sometimes has to go through the eviction process. They have a much harder time from the judge / magistrate if the tenant turns up to the hearing. The first thing she does when she gets there is check if the tenant has arrived. Most don't turn up. Those who do tend to get much more lenient terms as they can discuss their situation and push the boundaries eg get extra time to move out.

I really do hope you can get an order in place to ban your dad from the entire property (given the damage he's caused, shows his vindictiveness). I am concerned that he will retaliate if the sale is forced upon him, so please watch for your bunnies' safety (and yours) in the period that follows. He sounds like a volatile pressure cooker.

Just a quick post to say that I hope today was a better day and that things are moving in the right direction for you. Do let us know, hugs xx

Just wanted to add my support for you. I am glad you have been given some sound advice and are starting to have the support you need to move forward.

Oh my goodness, just been catching up on reading this thread. You poor thing! This is an awful situation to be in. Thinking of you and sending you all the very best in getting the best outcome x

Didn't want to post this until I was resonably sure but I think the situation is resolved.
As I think I mentioned before the last people that came bought the house (though the surveyor hasn't been yet so there's still a chance it could fall through) and this morning we have just had our offer accepted on the house we were going to buy back in February.
Unless something goes wrong, in which case I have no doubt my dad will put his application in to the court (as he has already threatened he will do if the sale falls through) we should be out of danger.
Just as well as the lady I was going to meet never turned up to meet us and everyone else seems to have dropped us. My brother's nurse refused to write anything to help him (including the fact that he needs access to a bathroom 24/7, something she offered to write for us in a letter if we were ever in danger of being evicted again - her idea, not ours - as his condition means he needs 24/7 access to a bathroom immediately)
Gotta love how these people are always quick to offer help but equally fast to retract it if you actually try to take them up on it..

Anyway, as long as nothing goes wrong we should be getting out of here and the bunnies should, hopefully, all be safe. I'm cautious as I know how things have a tendency to go wrong for us but if all goes well we should be out soon :D
No date yet but just as well as there's still a lot left to pack and sort out.

I know I've said it but I have to say it again; thank you all so, so much for your amazing, incredible kindness. All your suggestions, ideas, support and amazing offers from several to take in our buns has been absolutely mindblowing, I cannot get over the increidble kindness you have all shown. As I said before, RU is a precious gem and you are all such wonderful people. I can't thank you all enough for your overwhelming kindness.
I'm excited that the buns should finally have a safe garden to play in; they've never even been on grass before! To have lost them would have killed me, they're everything to me. I can't wait to finally give them the peaceful lives they deserve. I think they'll be happy there :D

Didn't want to post this until I was resonably sure but I think the situation is resolved.
As I think I mentioned before the last people that came bought the house (though the surveyor hasn't been yet so there's still a chance it could fall through) and this morning we have just had our offer accepted on the house we were going to buy back in February.
Unless something goes wrong, in which case I have no doubt my dad will put his application in to the court (as he has already threatened he will do if the sale falls through) we should be out of danger.
Just as well as the lady I was going to meet never turned up to meet us and everyone else seems to have dropped us. My brother's nurse refused to write anything to help him (including the fact that he needs access to a bathroom 24/7, something she offered to write for us in a letter if we were ever in danger of being evicted again - her idea, not ours - as his condition means he needs 24/7 access to a bathroom immediately)
Gotta love how these people are always quick to offer help but equally fast to retract it if you actually try to take them up on it..

Anyway, as long as nothing goes wrong we should be getting out of here and the bunnies should, hopefully, all be safe. I'm cautious as I know how things have a tendency to go wrong for us but if all goes well we should be out soon :D

I know I've said it but I have to say it again; thank you all so, so much for your amazing, incredible kindness. All your suggestions, ideas, support and amazing offers from several to take in our buns has been absolutely mindblowing, I cannot get over the increidble kindness you have all shown. As I said before, RU is a precious gem and you are all such wonderful people. I can't thank you all enough for your overwhelming kindness.
I'm excited that the buns should finally have a safe garden to play in; they've never even been on grass before! To have lost them would have killed me, they're everything to me. I can't wait to finally give them the peaceful lives they deserve. I think they'll be happy there :D

I really hope that your situation will soon be fully resolved and you will be free from living in fear of what 'his' next move may be xx

My goodness, how wonderful to hear this :)

Ongoing vibes everything goes according to plan xx

Great to hear this update, fingers crossed both sales go through and you finally have a safe secure home for you all and your buns xx

Back