• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Court application for my rabbits removed, what can I do!? U/D #94

One thing has just occurred to me. I understand that there is a court order in effect banning your father from the property yet he was there recently digging up the garden? Sorry to have to remind you of that as I know what happened was very distressing for you. Does anyone involved in official channels know he did that? I would definitely make sure your case worker is aware of it when you speak to them on Monday. If he was there in violation of a court order then that is contempt of court which is treated as an extremely serious matter.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. It's hard to keep track of all the details and what you've mentioned to who sometimes. Yes, he's banned from the house itself but he has rights to live and work on the grounds. He has a caravan in the garden and lives between there and his girlfriend's flat in london.
Technically I thought he'd breached the court order by what he did as it says that he's not to damage, attempt to damage or threaten to damage the house. While the garden isn't part of the house itself it is part of the property. But the solicitors wouldn't look into it so I have no idea.
I mentioned it today to the lady from the domestic abuse thing, she seemed quite shocked by it all.
I really thought that what he did that day was the worst thing he could do to hurt me. It didn't occur to me he'd find yet another step lower that he could sink to.

Thank you Omi for the advice regarding my Mum. We'll definitely do that. Would just have been nice to know she was definitely clear rather than spend the weekend not knowing.

I personally think the photographs might actually help us the most because people often get the wrong idea about rabbts. People have said to be in the past that 'surely they must smell'. They don't realise they actually make wonderful house pets.

Again, I am so very sorry for the state I was in yesterday. I was shaking so much I couldn't type and I couldn't think. I'm still highly stressed but driven to do what I can to protect my little ones. I won't let anyone take them away from me.

Edit: Oh, regarding the court order; the domestic abuse lady thinks they can help (don't know if I mentioned, he also has a non-molestation order on him meaning he's not supposed to 'threaten, harass or pester' us) as she feels he's broken that, but my Mum's solicitors don't think he has. The lady I spoke to today said they can take him to court and he could be arrested. It's difficult, I really don't want him arrested depite all that he's done. But I have to do what I have to do to protect my rabbits and us as a family.
I hate that it's come to all this

Last edited:
Thank you for posting and letting us all know your okay. It sounds like now the initial shock horror has subsided your doing everything you can to resolve this situation and more importantly going about it the right way. A far cry from your Dad who should be the older and wiser person!

I'm glad you've managed to make contact with some helpful people. Very helpful by the sounds of it :)

I hope you can relax a bit over the weekend x

I hope you can relax a bit over the weekend x
Sadly not a chance. I won't relax one bit until I know they're safe. But I'm trying to fight for them in whatever way I can, I have to try to focus on that.
I have this awful feeling deep down that he's going to have the order approved. Judges, so I've learnt, aren't interested in you whatsoever. They will do what is easiest for them to resolve a situation quickly. And my dad essentially will have a tantrum until he gets his own way. And he always does, every time. The only thing that's ever been in our favour was the court orders but he's trying now to get those overturned.
This whole thing has been going on for about six years. In that time we've been threatened with homelessness, losing our pets, our property - he even tried to make out my Mum and brother weren't really disabled.
We've had police in here more times than I can count. We've been surviving, not living. The only thing that's got us through every day is the rabbits. I just want to be left alone for once in peace to spend time with my rabbits without fear of losing them. Surely that's not too much to ask for :/

Sadly not a chance. I won't relax one bit until I know they're safe. But I'm trying to fight for them in whatever way I can, I have to try to focus on that.
I have this awful feeling deep down that he's going to have the order approved. Judges, so I've learnt, aren't interested in you whatsoever. They will do what is easiest for them to resolve a situation quickly. And my dad essentially will have a tantrum until he gets his own way. And he always does, every time. The only thing that's ever been in our favour was the court orders but he's trying now to get those overturned.
This whole thing has been going on for about six years. In that time we've been threatened with homelessness, losing our pets, our property - he even tried to make out my Mum and brother weren't really disabled.
We've had police in here more times than I can count. We've been surviving, not living. The only thing that's got us through every day is the rabbits. I just want to be left alone for once in peace to spend time with my rabbits without fear of losing them. Surely that's not too much to ask for :/

It isn't and I hope all this gets resolved for you in a positive way asap. You seem to have some helpful leads now, who are willing to contribute on your behalf.

Sorry, I don't know if that has already been suggested but can you contact your local MP about all the harassment and lack of support from the legal system? I hope you can have a good weekend x

And be confident in a good outcome, as right is on your side :)

What a truly horrible situation for you to all be in. I'm not trying to pry but you have mentioned about the house being up for sale and a sale actually having been agreed, which fell through at the last minute due to the actions of your father.
Had the sale gone through then you and your family would have moved out. Is it possible that you could still move out? I do hope you get this situation resolved for your own sake and that of your bunnies. I'm in north wales, so too far away to help with fostering unfortunately.

Your father claiming a house is not sellable because there are pets in it is quite ridiculous. Buyers are interested in the house not what is in it. Size of rooms, fixtures/fittings, location, etc is what sells a house. The number of pets is totally irrelevant. The fact that you had previously secured a buyer is proof of that. The sale did not fall though because of your pets. This would be worth mentioning in court. I wonder if the estate agents who are marketing the house could perhaps give you a letter stating all of the above mentioned, particularly why the sale fell through. Might be worth asking.

Nothing is certain yet so I'm saying this with caution but...
It sounds like things might be back in our favour. Possibly.
Today we received an offer on the house that is 5k more than the last offer. Now I don't think my dad will accept it but it's put my Mum in a more favourable position as if he doesn't accept it my Mum's solicitor is taking him back to court to request that the judge forces him to accept it. Provided the buyers don't pull out I think the judge is likely to force the offer be accepted, meaning the order my dad is trying to get on us becomes moot as the house will be sold. If that's the case there's no reason for him to rule that the rabbits are removed and to be honest the whole order my dad is trying to obtain looks silly as he's trying for silly things, whereas we're trying to secure a sale as quickly as possible which is what the court wants.
So as long as nothing goes wrong I don't see any reasonable reason for the judge to grant an order removing the buns. If he accepts the offer there's no reason for them to go, if he refuses then it's him holding up the sale and nothing to do with the rabbits. Interestingly the people that made the offer actually seemed to like the rabbits. The man came up and stroked Mishka (Mishka thinks she's a dog, not a rabbit, and adored the fuss) and had a smile on his face as he did. So clearly not put off by them.
Plus that's two sets of buyers now perfectly willing to buy the house regardless of the rabbits being here.

As I say, nothing's certain but getting that offer today is the best thing that's happened all week and hopefully has put things back in our favour. Which is the biggest relief imaginable. I've been phoning people all day and have some possible leads (one lady thinks we could get the court order amended so that he's not allowed near the house anymore) but I'm going to hold off for the moment to see how things go today as it may be this is the solution we've been looking for.

Again, I need to thank you all so, so much for your overwhelming kindess and support through all of this, as well as the offers of taking my buns in temporarily. You'll never know how much that means to us all (my Mum has also asked me to say thank you to you all on her behalf; she's been amazed by the extreme kindess you've all shown)
RU is truly a precious gem and the people on here are simply amazing. You have no idea what it means to us all.
Hugs from us all and nosebumps from the buns :)

What a great update - I can't wait til everything is totally sorted for you but in the meantime this is very positive

Glad to hear a positive post, fingers crossed for everything to go according to plan and a speedy house sale so you, your mum and buns can all move on to the next chapter in your lives

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

RU is truly a precious gem and the people on here are simply amazing.

So true.

I'm glad things are looking up. It's lovely to read about how pro-active you are, sorting things out, phoning people etc. Brilliant!

That would be lovely. If we can still get the place we wanted (it's still for sale) it would be lovely as it's got some lovely grass that the bunnies can play on. They've never been on grass before and I so want them to have a garden for the summer.
It's a lovely peaceful place too and would be lovely to finally leave all this behind.
Lets hope..

I'm glad things are looking up. It's lovely to read about how pro-active you are, sorting things out, phoning people etc. Brilliant!
As someone who can't deal with people at all normally it's been particularly difficult. Especially not on the phone. I just can't talk to people.
But with the bunnies under threat I've had to push, something I couldn't have done without the help of all of you and all your wonderful ideas. Thank you all so much

I'm so glad things are looking more positive :) fingers crossed things continue to look up xxx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

As someone who can't deal with people at all normally it's been particularly difficult. Especially not on the phone. I just can't talk to people.
But with the bunnies under threat I've had to push, something I couldn't have done without the help of all of you and all your wonderful ideas. Thank you all so much

Me, too. :wave:

What an excellent update :D I'm so pleased and am hoping that things continue to look a bit more positive for you.

Fantastic! That's sounding much more positive [emoji3] I hope more than anything that the sale goes ahead and you, your mum and brother and the bunnies can move into your new home and finally have some peace. The years of stress must be utterly exhausting [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's sounding a lot more positive and you should be really proud of yourself for making calls etc, when it's difficult x

Back