• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could do with some advice for my Bunbuns - Update

I'm glad Bunbuns is feeling brighter ...you must have said the "vet" word out loud

haha, yeah probably. She just jumped up on top of the hay feeder. to see better what I was doing. then had some hay, but tossing all the hay she didn't want to get to the good one, well her preferred ones I guess. so that's all a lot better, and she's drinking a lot. she's still not pooping properly, just had some cecos again in the tray.
the nurse at the vets said she'll call my normal vet and tell her the symptoms etc, and will see what she says. She may have to come in anyway as they had another bunny that needs some work done, so she may have to come in anyway. but waiting for a call back now. but Bunbuns certainly does look brighter again. she's now sleeping again, but again that's quite normal for both of mine at this time of the day anyway. Fluffy been on his chair sleeping for over an hour. and she even jumped up on there to get some head licks from him.

haha, yeah probably. She just jumped up on top of the hay feeder. to see better what I was doing. then had some hay, but tossing all the hay she didn't want to get to the good one, well her preferred ones I guess. so that's all a lot better, and she's drinking a lot. she's still not pooping properly, just had some cecos again in the tray.
the nurse at the vets said she'll call my normal vet and tell her the symptoms etc, and will see what she says. She may have to come in anyway as they had another bunny that needs some work done, so she may have to come in anyway. but waiting for a call back now. but Bunbuns certainly does look brighter again. she's now sleeping again, but again that's quite normal for both of mine at this time of the day anyway. Fluffy been on his chair sleeping for over an hour. and she even jumped up on there to get some head licks from him.

Glad to hear she's brighter!

I hope your regular vet will be able to see her today if they feel you do have to take her in.

Wishing luck x

Yeah let's hope all goes well. One thing they did say sounded encouraging is that she's laying stretched out. Like her back legs all out, just like she usually does. So they believe she's not in pain. But yeah hope all gets sorted out today. Don't like seeing my baby like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, hopefully know more in just over an hour. her appointment is at 6, not her regular vet, but the same one who saw her before, so that's something.
poor fluffy, he'll have a trip to the vet without needing too, he'll be hating me for days again, and he just started being ok after sundays claw cutting lol

Ok, hopefully know more in just over an hour. her appointment is at 6, not her regular vet, but the same one who saw her before, so that's something.
poor fluffy, he'll have a trip to the vet without needing too, he'll be hating me for days again, and he just started being ok after sundays claw cutting lol

Thinking of you x

I always feel for the one who goes to the vet as a companion. It does make a real difference having a friend there though :)

Ok. She's got an infection but her gut and all is fine. She is on some antibiotics and some anti inflammatory medication and have to ring the vet back on Tuesday for an update on her status. But vet thinks it should be a few days of that stuff and she'll be all good again. So I am glad we went. Though Fluffy not too impressed I think he was planning an evening with her snuggled on their blanket lol

I hope the antibiotics kick in soon & Fluffy is happy to resume his snuggling plans. Where is bunbuns infection?

Her nose. All else seems fine. Her lungs are good. Her gut all fine. Just her nose a bit runny and you could tell she was having issues as she was being examined. She was still fairly spirited while being picked up and stuff and vet had her on the floor as well to see how she was moving and was overall happy. So hopefully the stuff will kick in very soon so she can be her normal self again
Fluffy demanded some crunchy for his efforts. Which he had and they are both on their blanket again side by side with their heads all together. He loves her so much you can tell. He doesn't leave her side and hated it when she was out the carrier and he didn't see her. Poor thing.

Her nose. All else seems fine. Her lungs are good. Her gut all fine. Just her nose a bit runny and you could tell she was having issues as she was being examined. She was still fairly spirited while being picked up and stuff and vet had her on the floor as well to see how she was moving and was overall happy. So hopefully the stuff will kick in very soon so she can be her normal self again
Fluffy demanded some crunchy for his efforts. Which he had and they are both on their blanket again side by side with their heads all together. He loves her so much you can tell. He doesn't leave her side and hated it when she was out the carrier and he didn't see her. Poor thing.

Hope all is quiet on the buns front today Fred. Well not too quiet :lol:

Well yesterday evening after her antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medication she was all totally normal, well at least 9/10 normal. This morning she's all sleepy again, more alert still, but still back to being lethargic. I guess the medication will have worn off a bit, she has her next lot at 7pm, so will see how she is after that. but then of course, her and fluffy were playing a lot yesterday evening, maybe she overdid it, but I did still get plenty of good poop yesterday evening.
so we'll see.
Was hoping I could say this morning, yeah she is all fine again.... but of course that doesn't really happen, there is no miracle cure, but she was definitely on the up yesterday evening.

Well yesterday evening after her antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medication she was all totally normal, well at least 9/10 normal. This morning she's all sleepy again, more alert still, but still back to being lethargic. I guess the medication will have worn off a bit, she has her next lot at 7pm, so will see how she is after that. but then of course, her and fluffy were playing a lot yesterday evening, maybe she overdid it, but I did still get plenty of good poop yesterday evening.
so we'll see.
Was hoping I could say this morning, yeah she is all fine again.... but of course that doesn't really happen, there is no miracle cure, but she was definitely on the up yesterday evening.

Well that's good news. It's a funny feeling when you have in the back of your mind that there's something going on, but you don't know what. I hope you can solve the mystery :)

Well at least she's taking food and right now is her sleeping time anyway. So can't really judge too much how she is. And knowing those two they will have chased each other around all night. Fluffy didn't bother chasing her for days. But she was normal last night so he play chased her again and she was happy. So they probably played all night as he came out and went straight on his chair to sleep lol

The cutest thing yesterday though was when bunbuns went on the sofa. There are five teddies on there. She went round and gave them all a proper grooming. She normally does that daily so was nice to see it again. She always cracks me up with that. She gives them all licks. But sometimes seems that a teddy is naughty and she tosses them off the sofa and every time i put them back up she goes straight back and back on the floor till the next day. Then if he's good he can stay lol

OK, so it's been a few days, thought I give a little update.
looks like all is back to normal. She's still on her medications, last day today, then have to call vet tomorrow, but i'd say today she is close to being totally her normal self again, probably like 90 odd % there. She's been pooping normal, playing a lot, and even went back in the sandbox this morning.
So I'd say she is ok again, just wanted you all to know, as I know myself, I always want to know those things :)

Yeah I am so glad she is better. I give it another day or so and she'll be tossing her toys around and having her total bunnytude again ;)
What is interesting. While she was unwell Fluffy didn't sleep on his chair as he usually likes during the day and slept next to her in the floor. Now he loves his comfort and it's quite hard there, as she prefers harder surfaces to sleep on, so he won't have enjoyed sleeping there. But he didn't leave her alone. Now she's better he's back on his chair. So I guess he too knows she is better :)
One last time today syringing the medication then it's hopefully all over :)

Great update. How sweet and caring of Fluffy. There is something so touching about seeing rabits together.

Yeah I am so glad she is better. I give it another day or so and she'll be tossing her toys around and having her total bunnytude again ;)
What is interesting. While she was unwell Fluffy didn't sleep on his chair as he usually likes during the day and slept next to her in the floor. Now he loves his comfort and it's quite hard there, as she prefers harder surfaces to sleep on, so he won't have enjoyed sleeping there. But he didn't leave her alone. Now she's better he's back on his chair. So I guess he too knows she is better :)
One last time today syringing the medication then it's hopefully all over :)

I've always experienced bunnies being kind to their bonded friends during periods of illness - it so sweet isn't it (more than I can manage if OH is ill :lol:). I'd be reassurred Fluffy is now back to his comfy chair sleeping habits.

Back