• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Costs of 6+buns

Have you tried The Hay Experts for Megazorb as it is cheaper and the postage is too.

:wave: Thanks, I do buy my megazorb from Hay Experts, it's the A&P that costs me £7 delivery! Shame Hay Experts don't stock it.

Where in Lancs are you, Im sure we can find somewhere that will deliver it for less than£7. I buy everything in bulk, and work out that 2 bales of hay, 2 megazorb and a bag of A+P will last around 3 months. So I pay £3.50 delivery for all that!! Mine comes from a horse supplier, but they delivery to my house and know its for my buns :)

I'm Whitworth, north of Rochdale :wave: Could you let me know which horse supplier you use? Maybe they'd deliver to me too if I asked nicely :)

i have more rabbits than most people on here and i really dont want to work out how much it costs to run my rabbitry :lol: however i did stupidly work it out once and it worked out at £2000 a year :shock:
it costs £20 a week in food i buy food by the sack as it works out cheaper and i go throgh 2 sacks a week !
however they are worth every penny :love:

:wave: Thanks, I do buy my megazorb from Hay Experts, it's the A&P that costs me £7 delivery! Shame Hay Experts don't stock it.

I'm Whitworth, north of Rochdale :wave: Could you let me know which horse supplier you use? Maybe they'd deliver to me too if I asked nicely :)

Affordable pets, 577 market street, whitworth, are listed as Allen and page suppliers- you might have to as if they can order it in for you. I would expect that they can get you megazorb abd bales or 1/2 bales of hay too. I normally pay about £3.50 for my delivery from Shaw into Oldham, I use Beal Hey.

I have 15 buns -plus 3 boarders at present. I usually have 15 & one or 2 fosters/bonders

I buy those big round bales of hay - £20 each. That lasts me a fair while. I feed excel & use woodbased cat litter, & usually bulk buy if there's an offer on. I get free veg from my local sainsbury's - which is probably 50% of what the buns (& me:oops:) eat in total. I nick newspaper from work.

I have a decent job, & an account at the vets - who are usually quite understanding. Then there's my credit cards. A sick bun can cost a fair whack, but I'd find a way:lol:

Back