• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Cost of injections

Kay

Mama Doe
After the recent horrendous events I thought it would be a good idea for everyone to post how much injections are at their vets for those people who are new to rabbit keeping or unsure of costs.

At my vets both injections come as a package for a mere £28 with the extra 6 monthly Myxomatosis thrown in as well.

I save up through out the year just putting small change away, it soon amounts up and you don't even notice that your saving. I saved £50.00 this way and now have a £22.00 head start on next year.

I contacted 5 vets in Cardiff area in trying to find my "ideal" vet.
Cost ranges between £17 and £22 per vacc for 1 rabbit.
TP

My new vets are £18 for myxi, don't know about vhd yet. Taking them all sometime this week.

My vets charge £11 for one injection and £13 for the other (can't remember which).

Don't forget for those that haven't had their rabbits vaccinated yet get them done this month at a discounted price with a voucher from here:

http://www.vaccinationmonth.co.uk/

ETA: The vacs appointment must be made for during March. The rabbit must be at least 9 months old and have not been vacs in the last 9 months. The voucher is only for the Myxi vacs. You have to pay for the initial dose but the rabbit gets a free health check and the booster in Sept (after 6 months) is free. You also get 50p of Panacur wormer. You also have to use a participating vet.

Last edited:
I phoned to register benny last night and get him booked in for his vaccs and were told they were £20 each.

Rabbit And Cat Care Clinic in Northampton, £25 or something, he had a check up to so i don't know how much the actual vacc. was.

Lovely Clinic, i'd really recommend it. they gave me a big bag of samples, Carlton went wild for the Dried Grass and sent me out to buy a big bag for him, lol!

mine are booked in for next week and thanks Spider, my vets are participating woo hoo!

No worries. If it wasn't for another RR member I wouldn't have known about it either. There was a post about it a week or so ago. I was amazed to find my local vets are participating. There are only two in my area and my local is one of them. I've emailed people I know with the details in case it helps somebun, cat or dog. So please let everyone know :D

Just over £17 per vaccine for me at my vets (about £17.14 or something silly!)

Though they range up to £25 per vaccine at some vets in my area.

Back