• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Collars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even those who dress animals up in clothes leave me speechless.

These are animals we are talking about - not dolls. There is nothing cute about it at all.

I agree, its weird and just downright bizarre that anyone wants to dress up any animal to look human :? The closest I got to doing that kind of thing was when I was about 4 years old and my parents bought me a pram. I threw the doll in a cupboard and put my cat in it and walked round the garden. Thats as far is went for me thankfully!!! I also soon realised that pets are not toys and should be treated as individual species in their own right and not to be humanised :?

Oh great now I am weird and bizzare. I certainly do not treat her as TOY in fact I lavish a great deal of time and care on her.

Oh great now I am weird and bizzare. I certainly do not treat her as TOY in fact I lavish a great deal of time and care on her.

I didn't say YOU were weird and bizarre, I find the whole concept weird and bizarre :D Its like dressing up my son in a rabbit costume or something :? whats the point in that? It certainly woouldn't be good for my sons mental state and im sure animals don't appreciate being pulled about to get into some tutu or jumpsuit :? Of course...each to their own!

Sorry...but to me dressing up an animal IS using them as toys :?

*that bit got wiped in last post!:?

I agree, its weird and just downright bizarre that anyone wants to dress up any animal to look human :? The closest I got to doing that kind of thing was when I was about 4 years old and my parents bought me a pram. I threw the doll in a cupboard and put my cat in it and walked round the garden. Thats as far is went for me thankfully!!! I also soon realised that pets are not toys and should be treated as individual species in their own right and not to be humanised :?

I used to do that with my cat !!! when i was about 6, his name was henry and i used to dress him in dolls clothes and push him around in a toy pushchair :oops: :oops: ahem !!:oops: :oops: he just used to sit there bless him RIP Henry Mog - you were one of a kind !

I didn't say YOU were weird and bizarre, I find the whole concept weird and bizarre :D Its like dressing up my son in a rabbit costume or something :? whats the point in that? It certainly woouldn't be good for my sons mental state and im sure animals don't appreciate being pulled about to get into some tutu or jumpsuit :? Of course...each to their own!

Well she doesn't have a tutu or a jumpsuit and is quite happy to be dressed in a coat or jumper when it is cold outside.

Sorry...but to me dressing up an animal IS using them as toys :?

*that bit got wiped in last post!:?

My original question was whether it was dangerous for Buster to wear a collar so why the need to slate me. If it isn't then all you all have to say is no simple as that.

In my opinion, collars and harnesses on rabbits are cruel, a rabbit is a prey animal and if you have ever watched a rabbit being 'taken' it is usually grabbed around the middle, that is what a harness feels like to a bunny, they *think* they are being 'taken' and in my opinion that is cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back