• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

coldsores FAO JacksJane

There is no point in asking and then questioning that persons opinion.

Doesn't seem like being here is actually doing you any good... You're OCD is not being helped by people offering their opinions. People's reassurances will not re-assure you, as is the nature of the obsession, your compulsion is to come here and ask, even though it won't actually help.

Aren't you meant to be in hospital or something getting help for this?

Is that your way of saying im not welcome here Graham?
The only reason I 'questioned' the response given was because she said 'I think its safe' not 'it is safe'
I am not medically trained so when it comes to something as serious as what the consequences would be here I need to ask those who do understand all the medical jargon to give me an informed answer.
Yes I am at hospital getting CBT help for my condition but it is not magic, I have been there for 11 weeks now and I have made some amazing stepd to recovery with dedication and hard work but this is something that is so deeply ingrained and is not just going to go away because I want it to, it is fighting back harder than ever because it is ****** with me for defying it so makes the struggle even harder, that is when I turn to people for help and advice to see what non OCD people would do in the situation.

The only reason I 'questioned' the response given was because she said 'I think its safe' not 'it is safe'
I am not medically trained so when it comes to something as serious as what the consequences would be here I need to ask those who do understand all the medical jargon to give me an informed answer.
Yes I am at hospital getting CBT help for my condition but it is not magic, I have been there for 11 weeks now and I have made some amazing stepd to recovery with dedication and hard work but this is something that is so deeply ingrained and is not just going to go away because I want it to, it is fighting back harder than ever because it is ****** with me for defying it so makes the struggle even harder, that is when I turn to people for help and advice to see what non OCD people would do in the situation.

No, not in any way shape or form, if you choose to take it as that, then so be it, that's your issue, not mine.

Your OCD is controlling you, your questions are illogical and you constantly question peoples answers, which whilst I appreciate is how OCD works (I have a huge experience also, remember) it is not helping you, in any way shape or form and your being here is feeding the OCD, not helping it. I'm surprised your consultants have not (or they may have done so, and you aren't doing so) basically told you not to use the internet, as it is basically a huge food bowl for your OCD.

There is basically no point asking a NON OCD sufferer their opinion, as OCD will overrule me, Jane, Babsie, or any poor sod who chooses to reply and will be either a) ignored b) questioned or c) told they are basically wrong.

Just a heads up, we aren't medically trained either, nor vets. We can offer advice or opinions based upon our own life experiences - none of that is definitive.

Hope your treatment gets better with time, its very obvious to me that you need a lot of help :(

The only reason I 'questioned' the response given was because she said 'I think its safe' not 'it is safe'I am not medically trained so when it comes to something as serious as what the consequences would be here I need to ask those who do understand all the medical jargon to give me an informed answer.

This is a forum, and people can only give their opinions - we are not vets. Natsusakura gave her opinion but could not possibly say 'it is safe' and it is unfair of you to expect her (or anyone else on here) to.

Rachy i take the care of my own buns very seriously, and this is something that i had to be vigilant against myself.
i cannot say that it is certainly safe, nothing is certain.
but i can say if it were me i would be happy and comfortable to kiss the bunnies again.
that's all i can say.

youre doing very well sticking with the treatment, and i know its a hard battle. But you are fighting.

i don't usually reply to posts where i feel its the ocd talking, as i don't want to hinder your progress.
in this case though i didn't feel it was ocd talking in the beginning, but if you overthink it and then need someone to reaffirm their opinion then its the ocd.

*hugs*

do you have an action plan for when you yourself know its ocd thoughts? I mean you can pm me if yoyd rather not pop ot on here, sorry to have taken the thread off track.

Well done for making some positive steps forward. I hope you continue to do so. I can't begin to imagine how hard it is for you to keep fighting but am very glad you are :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Rachy i take the care of my own buns very seriously, and this is something that i had to be vigilant against myself.
i cannot say that it is certainly safe, nothing is certain.
but i can say if it were me i would be happy and comfortable to kiss the bunnies again.
that's all i can say.

youre doing very well sticking with the treatment, and i know its a hard battle. But you are fighting.

i don't usually reply to posts where i feel its the ocd talking, as i don't want to hinder your progress.
in this case though i didn't feel it was ocd talking in the beginning, but if you overthink it and then need someone to reaffirm their opinion then its the ocd.

*hugs*

do you have an action plan for when you yourself know its ocd thoughts? I mean you can pm me if yoyd rather not pop ot on here, sorry to have taken the thread off track.

Thankyou so much for your support, I really do appreciate it :)
I think a lot of people on here and in every day life don't allow for someone with OCD to have a genuine non OCD concern, they put it all down to OCD whether it is or not and that is not fair. I will PM you xx

Well done for making some positive steps forward. I hope you continue to do so. I can't begin to imagine how hard it is for you to keep fighting but am very glad you are :)

Thankyou to you too for your support, I really appreciate it. :)
It is extremely hard and it takes a lot of strength every day to carry on. I have done 11 weeks now and have between 2 and 4 left.
I know I have achieved so much so far and I am proud of myself for that, I know there is a lot of work to do still and I may never be free of OCD but I am really trying.
Just to name a few of my achievements-

I no longer take all my clothes off as soon as I walk through the door, I know continue to wear them even on the sofa.
My Sister and MIL drove over to our house (their cars are a danger for me) for the 1st time in 2 years
I had my best friend Emma over to our house for the 1st time, I hadn't seen her since October 2011 because she lives in Woking.
Went to Woking town centre

These are the big ones so far and I know they are huge achievements.

You are right to be proud those are huge achievements. :D

I really hope that because of your perseverance you and your family have a much brighter future.

Just keep keeping at it xx

That's awesome :thumb: well done you! Keep fighting, you will get there xxx

Thankyou to you too for your support, I really appreciate it. :)
It is extremely hard and it takes a lot of strength every day to carry on. I have done 11 weeks now and have between 2 and 4 left.
I know I have achieved so much so far and I am proud of myself for that, I know there is a lot of work to do still and I may never be free of OCD but I am really trying.
Just to name a few of my achievements-

I no longer take all my clothes off as soon as I walk through the door, I know continue to wear them even on the sofa.
My Sister and MIL drove over to our house (their cars are a danger for me) for the 1st time in 2 years
I had my best friend Emma over to our house for the 1st time, I hadn't seen her since October 2011 because she lives in Woking.
Went to Woking town centre

These are the big ones so far and I know they are huge achievements.

Back