• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleo's Diary - A battle with EC/UD 11th October

Thank you all :D

Sarah I'm so sorry to hear your bun didn't make it through his relapse :( I will always be afraid of Cleo relapsing as she had it so badly, but just got to keep everything crossed that it won't happen.

Amy, hope Comet battles through and gets better very soon.

Just read through this as am going through it now with Fudge - he is on day 8 - so very similar in every way .

We have had EC buns before but not quite this bad a twist to the head. Its such a struggle for them. Like Cleo he is eatig well though so we have hope.

Thank you all :D

Sarah I'm so sorry to hear your bun didn't make it through his relapse :( I will always be afraid of Cleo relapsing as she had it so badly, but just got to keep everything crossed that it won't happen.

Amy, hope Comet battles through and gets better very soon.

Thank you, what I've learned from Dexter's relapse, if I were to turn back the clock would be to rush him off to the vets as soon as I thought something was wrong. You know Cleo better than anybody, if you think something is wrong, take her immediately. It is so much better to be safe than sorry, and even if people try to say you're imagining it or something like that, ignore them. If you have a feeling she's not as she should be, take her to the vets, it's far better to be a bit paranoid & have her with you, then listen to someone who doesn't know her as well and have to live without her.

Amy, I have my fingers crossed for you & Comet too. I hope she gets better soon.

Just read through this as am going through it now with Fudge - he is on day 8 - so very similar in every way .

We have had EC buns before but not quite this bad a twist to the head. Its such a struggle for them. Like Cleo he is eatig well though so we have hope.

Sending lots of vibes for Fudge, i'm glad he's still eating well. That was the thing that made me feel Cleo wanted to fight even when things looked so dire.

At her worst, as you've probably read, Cleo's head was twisted almost upside down and her whole body seemed twisted to the left and she rolled violently if you so much as touched her. She's still got quite a significant tilt now and the vets said she probably will always have it but she's learnt to live with it. The tilt varies really depending on what she's doing. Hopping around, it's more tilted than when she's sat still. It can be quite upright then.

Quick update on Cleo just to say she's doing great. She's been left with a headtilt but she's otherwise fine. Her head doesn't bother her, she's hopping great just slower than a 'normal' bunny. She can't hop up onto anything high, although the other day she was up and down a paving slab as if to say look at me! Look what I can do!

She's been metacam free since yesterday so just watching, waiting and hoping she can carry on without it. We are pretty sure she'll be ok as we've been reducing her dose for a little while, and the amount she was on was so little it probably wasn't having any affect on her.

:D

Back