• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clem has had a tracheostomy, need vibes

I may be the odd duck on this here, but somehow, as comforting as it is to hear one of my animals is all the rage at the surgery, kind of makes me a wee bit jealous...only because at the moment I am not the one getting the cuddles! :lol:

I hope Clem's infection will soon clear up. It sounds like he's being given a king's treatment there! :love: Bless him, he is such a ladies man! :lol: ;)

I may be the odd duck on this here, but somehow, as comforting as it is to hear one of my animals is all the rage at the surgery, kind of makes me a wee bit jealous...only because at the moment I am not the one getting the cuddles! [emoji38]

I hope Clem's infection will soon clear up. It sounds like he's being given a king's treatment there! :love: Bless him, he is such a ladies man! [emoji38] ;)
I was thinking the same! [emoji38] At the same time though I'd just be glad that they're not lonely, even if I would much prefer it to be my company [emoji6][emoji38]

to be honest almost 11am and no update - that's just not on! If you want to call them, then I would!

they are probably in and out of consultations now, but if you leave a message I'm sure either they or the nurses will let you know how Clem is doing. I know you had a bad experience but if you want to call them, I would.. At the end of the day you are paying for their service and they know how much Clem means to you.

I'm sorry to keep getting involved, but I just hate how they are treating you, whenever my bunnies were there if I hadn't had a phone call between 8-9, I'd be straight on the phone and would always get a full update but maybe as I've done this, I've probably given myself bit of a name for that and they know what I'm like. I know they deal with emergencies, but I was also called in the morning and then any other updates throughout the day would depend on what's happened which I fully understand.

Topping up the vibes for Clem and hoping his infection is getting better xxx

Last edited:
to be honest almost 11am and no update - that's just not on! If you want to call them, then I would!

they are probably in and out of consultations now, but if you leave a message I'm sure either they or the nurses will let you know how Clem is doing. I know you had a bad experience but if you want to call them, I would.. At the end of the day you are paying for their service and they know how much Clem means to you.

I'm sorry to keep getting involved, but I just hate how they are treating you, whenever my bunnies were there if I hadn't had a phone call between 8-9, I'd be straight on the phone and would always get a full update but maybe as I've done this, I've probably given myself bit of a name for that and they know what I'm like. I know they deal with emergencies, but I was also called in the morning and then any other updates throughout the day would depend on what's happened which I fully understand.

Topping up the vibes for Clem and hoping his infection is getting better xxx

Neil said Friday morning I would get an 8am call Saturday. It didn't happen. I waited until 2pm rang them. Finally spoke to a nurse who said she would ring me at 7pm. We rushed home to be here before 7, waited an hour no phone call.

I was told they would ring this morning but if not heard from them by 9am to call them. They didn't ring, I rang them, someone would call me back as Clem was being sedated. Waited, no-one called me back. Rang again at midday. No-one could talk to me a nurse would ring back. Reception rang me back eventually but no nurse.

That's appalling customer care, I'd certainly complain and demand a discount because of it! Seriously though, I get that their busy, but surely someone could find time to call you and reassure you, even if it's just the receptionist saying the nurses say he's doing ok. Sending hugs xxx and of course vibes for Clem x

Neil said Friday morning I would get an 8am call Saturday. It didn't happen. I waited until 2pm rang them. Finally spoke to a nurse who said she would ring me at 7pm. We rushed home to be here before 7, waited an hour no phone call.

I was told they would ring this morning but if not heard from them by 9am to call them. They didn't ring, I rang them, someone would call me back as Clem was being sedated. Waited, no-one called me back. Rang again at midday. No-one could talk to me a nurse would ring back. Reception rang me back eventually but no nurse.
That is awful, I would be absolutely furious.

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

I hope no news is a good thing in this case. I would hope for at least a daily update under these circumstances - you want to know if there is any change either way, if he is breathing / eating / pooing etc, and just reassurance that things are OK.

Sending vibes for Clem to be on the mend and home soon.

When Cherry and Hovis were with John Chitty I got regular updates and 'phoned them a lot too. It's incredibly stressful WITH the updates, let alone when you are left not knowing what is going on. I always assume the worst too.

The lack of contact you are having is awful. Topping up the vibes xxxx

Back