• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clem has had a tracheostomy, need vibes

These updates are amazing! What a strong bunny Clem is! :love:
May he continue to go from strength to strength. (((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))) for you, you must be going from high to low and back to high again each time the phone rings. Thinking of you all. xxxxxxx

Not a stupid question. Neil explained from the start why the tube can't stay permanently in a rabbit. They only last from 48 hours to 72 hours. Clem has had surgery to fit four different ones this week!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

I see now - thank you for explaining that. Pleased to read the latest update. Topping up prayers and vibes xxxxx

As the bill will be so much more than expected will the vet let you pay it back in instalments? I am paying Anton vets £10 a month to clear the remainder of the bill for Cherry and Hovis. John was fine about it. Vets must realise that most of us don't have thousands of pounds just sitting around waiting for a bunny emergency and you've got all your other buns to look after too.

I haven't even discussed the bill yet. I'm trying not to think about it until I really have to ;)

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Sending vibes and love for today. I'd like to make a small donation to his bill if you let me know the best way to do so x

Topping up the vibes for Clem, but it's great to hear it's still good news!! :love:

How's he doing? And is he eating by himself now, or are they still supporting him? Xx

Topping up the vibes for Clem, but it's great to hear it's still good news!! :love:

How's he doing? And is he eating by himself now, or are they still supporting him? Xx

I have no idea about his eating. The only updates I get are about his breathing. But I assume all is OK or they would have said?

Spoken to a nurse for the first time today. It was good to have a nice "normal" chat about Clem

His feeding tube is still in and his tracheostomy hole is slightly infected. But hopefully its nothing to be too concerned about.

Clem is having a great time with the nursing staff. He is very relaxed, getting cuddles and giving them kisses. So at least I don't have that side of things to worry about :)

Spoken to a nurse for the first time today. It was good to have a nice "normal" chat about Clem

His feeding tube is still in and his tracheostomy hole is slightly infected. But hopefully its nothing to be too concerned about.

Clem is having a great time with the nursing staff. He is very relaxed, getting cuddles and giving them kisses. So at least I don't have that side of things to worry about :)

Aww that's great news!! Go Clem.. :love: :love: And continuing to top up the vibes for you!

At least with the feeding tube you know he's getting all the food he needs too.

So pleased to hear you've finally spoken to a nurse, it's much nicer isn't it.. and especially when they put your mind at ease. Sounds like he's a big hit with all the ladies there then! :love:

I'll never forget the one time one of the nurses called me, I nearly died thinking oh god it's a bad call but they wanted to tell me that honey had them in stitches of laughter the one night as she managed to get hold of an oxygen pipe which was being used for a parrot and she had some how managed to extend the amount of cable off the real and dig it into her tunnel trying to hide it and when they caught her, she hopped away and did a half binky. But I'll never forget the rush of happiness I had thinking I know she's still being her cheeky self! :)

So guessing he's still breathing all okay by himself at the moment? Bet your so proud of him! :love: xxx

Back