• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

chesney piggy has another abnormal stomach lump*hes gone help me please

I dont know if GPs are the same, but with Rabbits the bereaved partner tends to move well away from the deceased eventually. They often turn their back on them.

she ran around looking for him, then i put him in but she hasn't been near him. she's hiding in the hay and seems upset. do i wait for her to go over? i don't know what to do. :(

ches looks peaceful. his lump was a tumour and pushed up and affected his breathing. they found him breathing heavy and on the verge of collapse. they gave him something to keep him calm, and put him in an incubator but he slipped away. they said it was very quick and he wasn't in any pain.

i feel absolutely devastated. i want him back :cry::cry::cry:

I am so incredibly sorry, if it was me I think I would take Chesney out now, I think it might be more upsetting for her if he is still in with her. I would also say and I don't mean this in a horrible way at all I am just thinking of Maisie, I would try to find her another friend as soon as possible. I know with my pigs when I have lost one the one who is left always seems so much happier when I have introduced a new piggy friend. I really hope you don't think I am trying to replace Chesney I am just saying from my experience. Big hugs to you xxx

do you think she already know? the last she knew he was taken away in the vets. she knows something is wrong but i don't know if she needs to come over to him and see that he is gone. :cry:

i think she knew when i was cuddling him at the vets. she started moving around and then hid under her blanket. she always hides her face when she's scared. :cry: i'm going to take him out now. i want to cuddle him. don't want to let go. :cry:

i think she knew when i was cuddling him at the vets. she started moving around and then hid under her blanket. she always hides her face when she's scared. :cry: i'm going to take him out now. i want to cuddle him. don't want to let go. :cry:

Bless your heart :(

I don't think she'll go over to him. I've known piggies steer well clear of very sick cage mates, let alone when they've passed on. I think she must know what has happened. :(

Oh no, I've just logged on and seen this. I'm so sorry. I have no advice to give as have no experience of piggies. Lots of hugs to you and your little one.

I am so sorry for your loss. :cry: How heartbreaking :cry:
I've never had piggies myself, but couldn't just read and not post. Sending (((((((((((((((((((((((((((Huge Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))

I do know the feeling of not wanting to let them go. Cuddle him for awhile sweetie. I do think Maisie knows.

Popcorn free, Chesney, and watch over your mum and Maisie.

Back