• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cherry and Hovis at the Bridge :(

You didn't let Cherry down. You knew that there wasn't going to be a happy ending for her condition, but whilst she had Hovis for company she had some fight in her. You had to let Hovis go and she would have been lost without him and so would have suffered mentally as well as physically. You did the absolute best for both of them. It wasn't a choice. Sending you lots of love and hugs xxxx

I'm in tears reading this but thank you so much. You're right - it was more her mental health that concerned me in the end rather than her physical problems. She had been so brave though. Both Cherry and Hovis were such good patients for me. It was as if they knew I was recovering from an op myself and co-operated so as to make it easier for me. I do miss them both :(

Sorry I haven't been around here much lately, so only just seen this sad update :(

Binky free beautiful babies, free of pain now :cry:

*hugs* Karen - I hope you're coping?

Sorry I haven't been around here much lately, so only just seen this sad update :(

Binky free beautiful babies, free of pain now :cry:

*hugs* Karen - I hope you're coping?

I'm very up and down. Still off work with depression and on SSP only which is causing problems. Hopefully I will soon be well enough to go back to work. Am staying with Barnyard Bunnies next weekend which always cheers me up.

My four send you lots of nose rubs - they really enjoyed their stay with you. xxx

I'm very up and down. Still off work with depression and on SSP only which is causing problems. Hopefully I will soon be well enough to go back to work. Am staying with Barnyard Bunnies next weekend which always cheers me up.

My four send you lots of nose rubs - they really enjoyed their stay with you. xxx

Aw I miss them - I bet they are enjoying all that run space together now :)

I hope things start to improve for you :(

I am so sorry it had to end this way. You fought tooth and nail for them both, in spite of being in poor health yourself. The decision is always agonising and never gets easier. You didn't give up on either of them and gave them the dignity they needed when the time came.

Huge hugs - and look after yourself xxx

I am so sorry to read this sad news. :cry: You tried so very hard for them and you certainly haven't let either of them down. They were both fortunate to have someone who cared and loved them so much. Letting them go is always one of the worst and hardest decisions we have to make, but it is our final act of love and kindness.

Sleep well Cherry and Hovis. xx

Thank you so much. It helps a lot to have somewhere to come and share with people who I know understand. Apart from the real life friends I have made through RU my friends don't really 'get' the whole bunny thing.

I held both Hovis and Cherry in my arms whilst they were put to sleep and I can't forget how they went all floppy. They trusted me. My partner was with me which helped as well as the vet and a vet nurse but I was distraught over Hovis and then I had to hold Cherry. I hate the fact they both died after being scared all day at the vet, but pleased it was a local vet and they hadn't had to cope with the long trip to Andover.

Back