• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

chase going for check up monday

he is absolutely fine health wise, she said he the healthiest rabbit she has ever seen, his teeth are absolutely perfect which I am proud of with him being a mini lop, she said he may have had a few mites but as I applied treatment over week ago and have been grooming daily, his fur has grown back and healthy, she asked if I had been cleaning his ears as they are very clean I said yes, said doing everything right

maybe he confused with Christmas period now back to routine, asked if anything changed in environment, I said no but he had been let out a few times before Christmas and after then couldn't for over week with awful weather, maybe he wonders why I not let him out, regarding the wrecked area, I had blocked it off he was not happy about it, he knew can get in bottom drawer as been in it last month by accident, so he took it out on the poof cushion as that was stopping the other way to get to the drawer, anyway he now back home asleep in front of the drawers

Your vet sounds right pleased with his healthiness :D

he is absolutely fine health wise, she said he the healthiest rabbit she has ever seen, his teeth are absolutely perfect which I am proud of with him being a mini lop, she said he may have had a few mites but as I applied treatment over week ago and have been grooming daily, his fur has grown back and healthy, she asked if I had been cleaning his ears as they are very clean I said yes, said doing everything right

maybe he confused with Christmas period now back to routine, asked if anything changed in environment, I said no but he had been let out a few times before Christmas and after then couldn't for over week with awful weather, maybe he wonders why I not let him out, regarding the wrecked area, I had blocked it off he was not happy about it, he knew can get in bottom drawer as been in it last month by accident, so he took it out on the poof cushion as that was stopping the other way to get to the drawer, anyway he now back home asleep in front of the drawers

Phew, what a relief that all is well :D

Wonderful news :D You must be very relieved and also proud that you are caring for him so well :)

That's brilliant news, so pleased for you and Chase. Maybe he's a bun that just reacts to change ?

Back