• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie

Lagomorphine

Warren Scout
In remembrance of our rabbit Charlie who died today.

We adopted Charlie in 2015 to have a companion for our female rabbit Willow. Charlie was quite shy and it took me a long time to get them to accept each other but eventually, after several months they bonded. Willow was always the boss in their relationship and as a result Charlie spent a lot of his time grooming his primadonna companion. They had a great time having our entire garden to themselves.

After Willow died I tried to bond Charlie with Harvey, our remaining bunny but sadly it didn't work out. Harvey (The Harveynator) was always too aggressive and bossy and sooner or later he would attack poor Charlie. So they lived side-by-side, separated but still next to each other. I think Charlie liked it like that.

In the last couple of years in his life Charlie started developing all sorts of old age problems. He had arthritic hind legs, cataracts in his eyes and stopped being able to clean himself properly so last autumn we brought him in the house and he lived in the utility room. We had to bathe him every second day to keep him clean. Eventually he went completely blind and seemed to struggle moving about so the difficult decision was made to put him to sleep. He is buried under a plum tree in the garden.
Charlie, we hope you had a good life with us.

Charlie-Rabbit.jpg

https://imgbb.com/

“It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more.” Captain Robert Falcon Scott

Charlie was such a beautiful bunny. I'm so sorry he had to leave you :cry: Sleep tight under the Plum tree, Charlie.

Really sorry that you had to let Charlie go, he looked a really handsome boy. Sweet dreams under your tree Charlie xxx

It sounds like he had a really good life with you. Its always hard saying goodbye and i'm very sorry for your loss. He was really beautiful

Sleep tight Charlie xx

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Charlie was obviously dearly loved. Sleep peacefully in the stars, Charlie. xxxxx

I am so sorry you had to say goodbye to your handsome Charlie.
Charlie did have a wonderful life with you. Binky free Charlie.

Back