• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie at the vets tommorrow U/D

He seems fine in himself eating everything and anything except hay!?! the vet said its nothing much to worry about because he is eating and his eye is only slightly runny just now and again.

He did say if it was tooth root related it would actually be a lot worse ie, not eating anything and maybe he just dosent or isnt used to having hay.
Anyway they said if they xray there isnt much they can do anyway, and he has seen root tooth cases and the bun`s eyes are in a terrible state which charlies arent.

Well thats it will start him on the cream and see what next week brings, i feel so sorry for him his start in life has been more than apalling and ive had him coming up to 5 weeks and all i seem to do at the moment is keep taking him back to the vets.

He gets in such a state about going it upsets me and im hoping they wont have to sedate him next friday for the eye flush but im not confident as yet that it wont happen, poor lamb. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Ps thanks for ringing me yvette, im so tired today (was up all night worrying) thank you. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww hun, as long as he's eating hay you don't need to worry. Sending you lots of hugs I bet you're feeling dead emotionally drained :(

Thats just what he isnt eating nicola hay! xx

Oh sorry I completely misread that as he isn't eating anything but hay! Have you tried hiding his pellets in it? Or you could even only feed him hay on a morning and give him pellets and veg on an afternoon?

Me too but i doubt it, id he dosent im going to have to find an alternative somehow. xxx

After Twinkle was ill she would only eat veggies and pellets and grass... slowly over the weeks since her illness she has started eating hay again... took ages to get her back to munching with enthusiasm on the hay. Today is the first day I saw her eat loads.

I also got readigrass and extra nice hay to tempt her. Maybe you could get some for Charlie?

After Twinkle was ill she would only eat veggies and pellets and grass... slowly over the weeks since her illness she has started eating hay again... took ages to get her back to munching with enthusiasm on the hay. Today is the first day I saw her eat loads.

I also got readigrass and extra nice hay to tempt her. Maybe you could get some for Charlie?

I was thinking about trying this readigrass, ive had charlie nearly 5 weeks now and have never seen him actually eat more than half a strand of hay. xx

I was thinking about trying this readigrass, ive had charlie nearly 5 weeks now and have never seen him actually eat more than half a strand of hay. xx

I mix it in with the hay.. Also mixed in some dried dandelions and stuff... also tried sprinkling sunflower seeds in the hay to get her used to rummaging in the hay again after so long off it... think it has all helped re-educate her!

Sprinkle his pellets into hay.... make him search for them in the hay

I mix it in with the hay.. Also mixed in some dried dandelions and stuff... also tried sprinkling sunflower seeds in the hay to get her used to rummaging in the hay again after so long off it... think it has all helped re-educate her!

Sprinkle his pellets into hay.... make him search for them in the hay

Ive tried EVERYTHING :?
Ive tried mixing meadow timothy and forage, ive tried them alone ive tried the chamomile and the kiln dried barn he wont eat any. xx

Ive tried EVERYTHING :?
Ive tried mixing meadow timothy and forage, ive tried them alone ive tried the chamomile and the kiln dried barn he wont eat any. xx

Have you tried a Hay Experts sample pack? Then you might find out which one he likes best. Mine love Burns Oat Hay and Alfalfa King Oat, Wheat and Barley Hay xxx

Yes he will eat tons of grass which is great but what am i going to do during the winter months this is my concern :) xxxxxxx

Could he be eating too much grass so not eating hay? Think that might of been Twinkle's problem... as I have given her less grass as there is less in the garden due to the heat... she is replacing that grass with hay...

Sorry lots of suggestions... probably boring you now!

Could he be eating too much grass so not eating hay? Think that might of been Twinkle's problem... as I have given her less grass as there is less in the garden due to the heat... she is replacing that grass with hay...

Sorry lots of suggestions... probably boring you now!

No thank you for your reply its very much appreciated :)
Well i dont know but as its been so hot both buns have been in and lying under the fan and then eating grass as the day cools down so im not sure, they havent been out all day although the door is open, gracie eats her hay when shes in or has been out. xxxxxxxx

Its so hard to know what to do for the best isnt it? Wish they could just tell us what they need!!! I hope others can offer some advice as I cant think of anything else! I felt I was happy if Twinkle ate anything but did also worry there wasnt much hay going in so can understand why you are worried xxx

Back