• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie and hay

don't think my girls have ever had hay, and they don't really tuck into it like the others do xxx

Are your girls teeth ok? xxx the trouble is you see i have no real history of charlie, i got him last sunday he was in a right old mess, no food no water, no hay and in a cramped starter hutch.

we took him to the vets on monday for his myxi and i wanted him checked over and booked in for a spay, which is being done this weds.

i happened to mention his eye seemed a tad runny, nothing major but worth a mention, he has given him eye drops which i am applying 3 times a day so far.

the vet seems to think he maybe about 2??!! we really dont know for sure, i found out today he was used for breeding purposes then dumped once the doe had babies, my friends daughter took him on about 8 weeks ago but soon got fed up with him so now he`s with me and i want him to be fit and well. xxxxxxxxxxx

I think Nicola is right, if they have never had hay they may take a while to get used to it!:)

Bobby was the same with veg at first because she hadn't been fed it before, she was a bit scared of it, kept running away:lol:

I think Nicola is right, if they have never had hay they may take a while to get used to it!:)

Bobby was the same with veg at first because she hadn't been fed it before, she was a bit scared of it, kept running away:lol:

Awww
Well i sat and observed him while he was in the conservatory last night ( thats where his hutch is, hes free range there) and i saw him lift the hay up and throw it, he nibbled on a bit and that was that, its a start i suppose but am still worried.

The bowl of grass i left for him has been eaten, so thats good, and he`s munching grass outside this very minute.

Hey guess what? i only caught grace digging into the run to him earlier this morning :shock: little flirt im going to have to watch her VERY carefull, what a hussy. xxxxxxxxx

Awww
Well i sat and observed him while he was in the conservatory last night ( thats where his hutch is, hes free range there) and i saw him lift the hay up and throw it, he nibbled on a bit and that was that, its a start i suppose but am still worried.

The bowl of grass i left for him has been eaten, so thats good, and he`s munching grass outside this very minute.

Hey guess what? i only caught grace digging into the run to him earlier this morning :shock: little flirt im going to have to watch her VERY carefull, what a hussy. xxxxxxxxx

Aw she wants to see him:love: How long till the spey??

Back