• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chance of Myxomatosis

Rachy-

If you had fleas you would know about it- you would have bites on you. I've had a flea infestation before and all my buns were fine. The flea would have to be a mixi carrier. Low odds that every flea everywhere would be carrying it.

Also the flea getting onto you and coming all the way home with you- almost impossible. I really would not be worrying.

Your buns are jabbed- so don't worry.

I know what it's like to have ocd thoughts if that is what you are experiencing. Sorry if your not. It was mentioned in an earlier post.

I will assure you though the chance of this happening is like winning the lottery odds- are you really that unlucky?

If a bun was unlucky enough to get mixi- i can be treated if vacced so don't worry.

Chance of any bun getting mixi is low vaccinated or not. I've had loads of buns and only had one with mixi in my life. Lucky was outside and was a very unlucky bun in the end. Your buns are indoors- again risk totally minimized.

As said before human beings are not a good host for a flea- really a last resort- if they are on cats- that is where they will stay.

Thankyou so much Ambience, your post was really helpful.
I woke up today with what looks like a bite on my chest so obviously that sparked more concern :(
I am suffering with OCD thoughts very badly to be honest- It is horrible :(

NO sweetheart there will be no fleas in the car,they need a host,live animal to breed/carry them.Please take a deep breath and focus on the positive things you have achieved today,hugs and healing vibes to you beautiful rachylou xxxxxx

Thankyou Maizey!!

I am so worried! ould they live or lay eggs on things like carboard folders or a pillow?

The pillow is a pregnancy pillow which I touched the day I came back from seeing Rosie?

The cardboard folder- My husband lent against the baby gate in the clothes he was wearing when we saw Rosie then I used a cleaning wipe to wipe the gate over with and then put the 'dirty' wipe on to Jimby and Cookie's document folder and my clean hair just touched it now, should I be worried?

They CANT lay eggs because there are no fleas,as I said they need a host to attach themselves to.Rachylou what have you done today to make you feel positive?How about carrying a beautiful healthy baby in your tummy,looking after your beautiful healthy bunnies,being a lovely caring person.I can think of three and dont even know you.Why dont you try and focus on one positive a day and look in the mirror and praise yourself,its all baby steps xxxxxx

I had my hair cut today and went and brought some more baby bits which was nice but this worry just follows me EVERYWHERE!!

Because the pillow was on the bed I have asked my husband to take the pillow cover off and put it in the wash and I have roughly hoovered off the pillow itself and the bed cover but then my husband put the pillow back on to the bed and now I am RE worried!! :roll: :cry:

Thankyou so much Ambience, your post was really helpful.
I woke up today with what looks like a bite on my chest so obviously that sparked more concern :(
I am suffering with OCD thoughts very badly to be honest- It is horrible :(

Oh hun... *hugs*,

Congradulations on your pregnancy..

Okay if you go to the vets and get some advantage you can treat the buns with that just incase. The vets will dispense it to you. There is no need to treat the environment at all. I had a massive flea outbreak- frontline solved it with the cats, but it can't be used on rabbits as you probably know. Advantage works great on buns.

Ocd is just awful. I find it goes away the most when you take the stress out of your life and do what makes you happy, and it must be very difficult for you as pregnancy is strain on the body and with your worries about the buns.

Sometimes my ocd thoughts are so bad i just can't cope with anything. Thankfully my other half has created a tranquil environment for me to recover. I don't know if it ever goes away but there are things that definately make it easier.

Loads of hugs ****

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Back