• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Catching to health check is impossible!!

Oh my Rascal is a nightmare ..... he is the most laid back bunny ever ..... until it's vet/health check time....... and he just knows!! I don't know if he can pick up on my stress or I move differently or what ... but he definitely knows!!

I end up having to chase him round the run and just grab him when I can ...occasionally he goes into the bedroom so I can block all the exits and get him out .... occasionally (although not very often) he just gives up and sits there awaiting the inevitable! Bless him.

Hollie is much easier to pick up thank goodness.

I'm really liking the idea of feeding them in the carrier, at the momemnt I scatter feed but I may give this idea a try for a while instead! :thumb:

I'm really liking the idea of feeding them in the carrier, at the momemnt I scatter feed but I may give this idea a try for a while instead! :thumb:
Works until they realise they can STREEEEETCH into the carrier so you can't shut their bums in! :lol:

You could spend some time just sat in the shed with them. Maybe you could hand feed their food to them? Then they will get used to you and not get so stressed when you come in to catch them.

I sit in the shed with them on a daily basis and hand feed them either their pellets or veggies :wave:
they'll quite happily hop in and out of my lap in the sheds, but when the carrier comes out... :lol:
its something I'm just going to have to persevere with!x

Back