• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carrier bag baby - new update post 34!!

What a gorgeous bunny. Are the vets providing the treatment free?

I'm not sure yet Raine, that's why I've not given them a definite as I'd like to know exact costs etc, apparently as she was taken to the vets and not the RSPCA, the RSPCA just contribute the first £60 towards treatment not the total.

Have you any advice or experience of what usually happens in this situation? I can't see that the vets would cover the cost and lose money and although I don't mind paying for some I don't want a huge bill before she even gets to us. :( x

UPDATE:
Apparently a receptionist at the vets said she wanted the bun for her daughter :roll: but now she needs treatment she has changed her mind! Only one leg looks like it is damaged and they can't splint it so it needs a cast. We are hoping to foster her as she needs 3 weeks cage rest for the bone to mend.

Fingers crossed we can help her (and who knows she may end up staying :lol:).

Here she is... :love:
photo-4.jpg

She's adorable. Looks just like my Honey when she was a baby. :love:

You obviously don't want them to pts, but I think that vets should do some pro bono work and I would definitely tell them you will take her on, but will they cover her treatment.

At the end of the day, you won't want them to be clinical and say she needs to much doing to her and its best to pts her. Only you know your vets and what they would do and I would be up front and raise this with them.

Lovely little girl.Wishing her a speedy recovery and you all the best.
Its fate I reckon.Bit like me and my Beebee.xx

Is there any news on this poor little bun babe?

I would love to hear if she is making progress:D or otherwise :(.

Hi everyone - thanks for your well wishes.

Well we brought her home last night and she is a real little angel so I think she's going to have to be 'Angel'. :love:

When the vets x-rayed her they found that her broken leg had already started to fuse, it's at the wrong angle but they said it would to more harm to cast it now so hopefully it will heal well and doesn't seem to be causing her too much pain, she doesn't put it down when hopping though so not sure if she will once it's sorted or if she'll always limp.

She also has a couple of scabs that are growing out in her fur and a big scab on her back which the vets has checked and say hasn't got any puss under it, it seems deep but is dry so should drop off soon. Her feet are bright yellow where she must have been in urine but other than that she's so happy and the friendliest bun ever. I let her have a run in the bedroom this morn and she just kept coming sitting next to me whilst I cleaned her box out.

Will get some pics later and put a thread in Stories and Photos. Thanks for your concern, and a bit of reassurance that I was doing the right thing. Fingers crossed she has a long and happy life with us (and bonds with Coco :?).

Oh just to add, the vets/RSPCA (not sure if it was both cos sure it went over the £60) covered the cost of her stay and the metacam, xray etc. I asked for her the be vacs'd so just those to pay for. :) x

Only just spotted this.. poor wee beauty :( how could anyone be so cruel :evil:

I think she will be staying as by the sounds of it she already has a special place in your heart :love: Great news that the vet/rspca are paying for the treatment too :D

Back