• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can't get this bunny outta my head...

calm down your the one coming on here saying the rabbit is being neglected ..make your mind up!

maybe when your drip feeding her advice about rabbit neglect you could drip feed her about birth control....her choice to have kids not the rabbits choice to life in a small hutch and live on cheap food ....;)

:shock:
It's hardly the ladies fault she has a child with Autism who takes up so much of her time. Maybe having pets isnt the brightest idea, but it could be worse, the rabbit could be living in it's own **** and not get fed at all.

:shock:
It's hardly the ladies fault she has a child with Autism who takes up so much of her time. Maybe having pets isnt the brightest idea, but it could be worse, the rabbit could be living in it's own **** and not get fed at all.

do not twist my words i NEVER said it was her fault she had a son with autism ..how dare you!!

comparing it to a worse case scenario doesn't make it any less oh it could be better it could be in a 6ft hutch fed on decent food isn't that what your al for on here ??

she also has a 3 month old baby??....maybe its not the right time for her to have pets.......surely it would be more helpful for the lady if someone took the animals off her hands so she has less to cope with...??

if she didnt have the op as a friend to advise her then the rabbit would live its whole life like that and nobody would be any the wiser ...is that ok????

do not twist my words i NEVER said it was her fault she had a son with autism ..how dare you!!

comparing it to a worse case scenario doesn't make it any less oh it could be better it could be in a 6ft hutch fed on decent food isn't that what your al for on here ??

she also has a 3 month old baby??....maybe its not the right time for her to have pets.......surely it would be more helpful for the lady if someone took the animals off her hands so she has less to cope with...??

if she didnt have the op as a friend to advise her then the rabbit would live its whole life like that and nobody would be any the wiser ...is that ok????

"drip feed her about birth control" hmm ok :roll:

2 kids is hardly something to say that about. Who is anyone to judge how many kids she wants to have

I read your post as though you were saying "why does she have another baby and a rabbit when her autistic child takes up so much of her time with his various problems" , I didn't mean you thought the lady was in some way to blame for her child having autism.

Perhaps her sons problems weren't as bad as they sound now so anything the lady had planned for the bun has now been put on hold, and as jemjabella said, can be changed gradually.

Of course a 6ft hutch and decent food would be better, but why take a space up in a rescue which really poorly buns like Simba (first that pops to mind) benefit from, when the bun is clean and fed and things will improve for it in it's current situation? I meant to have Lola spayed this year but financially I probably won't be able to until the beginning of next year, does that make me a terrible owner too?

Of course it isn't ok for the bun to end it's days like that... i never heard (read?:lol:) anyone say that? The point is that the buns life can be improved, and the point to this thread was realising (not digging at you Schez :D) that not everybun can be helped when they're in a rubbish situation, but jemjabella can advise her friend on what's best for the bun.

"drip feed her about birth control" hmm ok :roll:

2 kids is hardly something to say that about. Who is anyone to judge how many kids she wants to have

I read your post as though you were saying "why does she have another baby and a rabbit when her autistic child takes up so much of her time with his various problems" , I didn't mean you thought the lady was in some way to blame for her child having autism.

Perhaps her sons problems weren't as bad as they sound now so anything the lady had planned for the bun has now been put on hold, and as jemjabella said, can be changed gradually.

Of course a 6ft hutch and decent food would be better, but why take a space up in a rescue which really poorly buns like Simba (first that pops to mind) benefit from, when the bun is clean and fed and things will improve for it in it's current situation? I meant to have Lola spayed this year but financially I probably won't be able to until the beginning of next year, does that make me a terrible owner too?

Of course it isn't ok for the bun to end it's days like that... i never heard (read?:lol:) anyone say that? The point is that the buns life can be improved, and the point to this thread was realising (not digging at you Schez :D) that not everybun can be helped when they're in a rubbish situation, but jemjabella can advise her friend on

what's best for the bun.

she has 4 kids! one child sadly has autism, one is 3 months old, she has a cat which she has had years and only just been persuaded to have neutered ...ho many unwanted kittens did that produce?? how long has the rabbit lived liked that...

and your shocked at my response and i agree with you it was not the brightest idea to have pets as well...:thumb:

she has 4 kids! one child sadly has autism, one is 3 months old, she has a cat which she has had years and only just been persuaded to have neutered ...ho many unwanted kittens did that produce?? how long has the rabbit lived liked that...

and your shocked at my response and i agree with you it was not the brightest idea to have pets as well...:thumb:

Apologies, I read one of jemjabellas posts as though 2 of the kids weren't her friends, but even so who are you to say how many kids she should have?

Assuming the cat in question is male, then any owners of female cats have just as much responsibility, if not more in my opinion, of getting their cats neutered.

Who knows how long the rabbit has lived like that? The point is that this is a bun who can be helped, unlike the many more that can't.

I probably won't reply to this thread anymore. I'm letting a stranger on a forum get to me, and I don't have to let it be like that. This is Schez's thread, not one for people to get up on their high horse.. Again :roll:

Last edited:
Calm it down a little & be polite to each other please. :wave:

The way I read jemjabella's post is that she feels the woman needs some guidance about the best way to look after her rabbit correctly. She wasn't saying that she didn't want to approach the woman at all, just saying that it's hard to find the right words because she doesn't want to put the woman off.

I'd agree with that sentiment completely and it's pretty much the same thing we repeatedly say on the forum - the best way of getting people to listen to you is to be helpful and get across the facts without being rude. It's often not so much what you say but how you say it that makes all the difference.

It sounds like the woman is struggling (and no wonder with so much on her plate) but the solution to this kind of situation isn't always "We must get her to give her animals up" - that just means the rabbit is taking up space in a rescue that could be put to better use. So often all people need is a little help and guidance to get on the right track and it sounds like jemjabella is doing just that; if only more people took the time to actually try to help in positive ways like this rather than simply criticise, is all I can say.

Good luck with things jemjabella and well done for having the patience to keep plugging away.

Apologies, I read one of jemjabellas posts as though 2 of the kids weren't her friends, but even so who are you to say how many kids she should have?

Assuming the cat in question is male, then any owners of female cats have just as much responsibility, if not more in my opinion, of getting their cats neutered.

Who knows how long the rabbit has lived like that? The point is that this is a bun who can be helped, unlike the many more that can't.

I probably won't reply to this thread anymore. I'm letting a stranger on a forum get to me, and I don't have to let it be like that. This is Schez's thread, not one for people to get up on their high horse.. Again :roll:

no i cant tell someone how many kids they should have as i said before i dont care if she has 4 or 10 kids ...but what i do care about are animals and if one isn't treated how it should i am going to say..there are no exceptions or excuses as far as i am concerned.

yes hows the weather up there...:wave:

The way I read jemjabella's post is that she feels the woman needs some guidance about the best way to look after her rabbit correctly. She wasn't saying that she didn't want to approach the woman at all, just saying that it's hard to find the right words because she doesn't want to put the woman off.

Thank you Karen, that's it exactly.

I've already said more about her than I should have and can't believe that some people have the audacity to string together a few sparse facts and use it to make assumptions about a person's life, choice of birth control, circumstances etc. Still, you get all sorts on the Internet I suppose :roll:

You have no idea about this rabbit's conditions beyond what I've specifically stated, any conclusions you've jumped to are you own problem. Further, I can't believe anyone would be so stupid to think that shouting at this woman and making a fool of her would achieve more than the gift of time, advice and support. How short-sighted can you be? :roll:

Thank you Karen, that's it exactly.

I've already said more about her than I should have and can't believe that some people have the audacity to string together a few sparse facts and use it to make assumptions about a person's life, choice of birth control, circumstances etc. Still, you get all sorts on the Internet I suppose :roll:

You have no idea about this rabbit's conditions beyond what I've specifically stated, any conclusions you've jumped to are you own problem. Further, I can't believe anyone would be so stupid to think that shouting at this woman and making a fool of her would achieve more than the gift of time, advice and support. How short-sighted can you be? :roll:

sparse facts hardly you yourself said it is questionably whether she should pets at all? your back tracking...

based on your information she neither has the finances or the time for pets and thats why all over the country animals are neglected because of uneducated people (in regards to pets just in case i get misquoted ;) ) who do not look at the bigger picture before they take them on...who suffers the animal...

birth control ...hardly ;) ...

and who said you need to shout or make fun of her you just made that up .....

sparse facts hardly you yourself said it is questionably whether she should pets at all? your back tracking...

based on your information she neither has the finances or the time for pets and thats why all over the country animals are neglected because of uneducated people (in regards to pets just in case i get misquoted ;) ) who do not look at the bigger picture before they take them on...who suffers the animal...

birth control ...hardly ;) ...

and who said you need to shout or make fun of her you just made that up .....

I'm sorry, I can't figure out what point it is you're trying to make?

I'm sorry, I can't figure out what point it is you're trying to make?

That you should be blunt with your friend despite everything she already has on her plate, risking her falling out with you and therefore you'll never be able to make a difference to the buns future.. I think that sums it up :D

That's enough now please all; let's get the thread back on track or I'll lock it. :wave:

Back