• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Can anyone help - dosage for Fenbendazole Granules...and instructions?

wabbit!

Warren Scout
Last time I used the panacur paste, but didn't like doing it that way as the rabbits would move and I couldn't give an accurate dose with them wriggling!
So today I picked up some Wormazole sachets (which is the same ingredient - Fenbendazole) but as it is for dogs it says to sprinkle the sachet on their food.
How do I use it for the rabbits - do I mix it with water, and if so how much per sachet, or do I sprinkle it on some food, and how much?!:?

The vet was busy so suggested I would find the info online...but I'm a bit thick and need your help please!!

Thanks in anticipation!:D

Yeah they are 1.35kg and 2.55kg ... and very cross with me for putting them in a carrier to weight them!:lol:

According to p.395 on the 5 min. vet. consult: Rabbits & Ferrets, the dosage is:

20 mg/KG once daily for 5 -28 days, PO

PO = Per os = feed by mouth

For treatment of e. cuniculi

Thank you.
:D
But I am still too thick to know what to do with the granules, do I give them as granules or mix them in water...etc?:oops:

He said it mixes in with their food...

Ok bear with me cos I am having bad brain fog symptoms today...Poppy is 1.35 kg so at 20mg per kilo she would need..

so is that 27mgs for her

and Honey 2.55kg = 51mg ?? per day?
And that's for 9 days?

I hate being so thick!:? But better to ask and get it right than give them the wrong amount!:oops:

Back