• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anybody help? Bunny in need, Essex. UD she's here

Did you ever find out if she's neutered, SJ? (Also is the bun a male or a female, you've called him/her both a he and a she in this thread...I'm confused :lol: )

Pepper is an unneutured female, sorry for any confusion. She is unvaccinated.

If a rescue can afford her and could pay for her vaccinations then she could potentially be vaccinated before going to a foster home. However i am not in a position to pay for this in any way unfortunatly.

Lucy did tell me she could take her, and told me where the foster home was (area not address) and we semi agreed it, so i was a bit confused but she has alot on so it not a problem, i just need a space for this girl.

She needs grooming, not daily but she does need it. I can possibly provide a hutch, but not definate and it would be better if someone had one already.

I so wish I could help, I really do (sounds like I'm just saying that, I know), but I really can't take on any more animals till we sell the house. I do want bunnies though. :( I do have a hutch (somewhere!).

oh i know, and one day you will have some, i just know it :)

to anyone who will consider her: She isnt very confident, but shes the kind of bunny that you know will come around, whenever she came to me she would grunt if i stroked her, and by the end of the week she would take treats from me and request nore rubs. She is very easy to win around despite how shy she is at first.

mmmm - sounds real mean but I would be really worried about dental problems if she has such a small face area. as that piccie. Our only lionhead x is normal size.

With 18 already I can't afford a poss dental bun.

mmmm - sounds real mean but I would be really worried about dental problems if she has such a small face area. as that piccie. Our only lionhead x is normal size.

With 18 already I can't afford a poss dental bun.

I just looked at that photo and was just about to correct, she is no way that small!I did that on my iphone :oops: :oops:

Normally I'd offer to help SJ but I just can't at the moment - I'm happy to lend out my hutch that is at Hettys if it helps anyone (but even that would have to wait until Hetty is back from hols I guess!)

chelle - I'm always up for helping a bunny in need if I can but to be perfectly honest, if you're in a situation where you have a pair of unspayed females, I would not foster another rabbit at the moment - it's just asking for a fight between your two. They have very acute sense of smell and if they smell another rabbit around (even if you think they are nowhere near each other) it is likely to send their hormones absolutely haywire and you could well end up with a serious fight. It can sometimes be bad enough with neutered rabbits but there's no way I'd risk it with unneutered ones, sorry :oops:

hey Santa!:D
Thanks for the advice - I wasnt sure if mine being unspeyed would make a difference or not.....
Theyve not been too hormonal really and are very friendly softies - but i guess that can change!:roll:
Would it possible make my girls fight between themselves?:oops:
Our neighbour has a lone male lionhead - just over a year old also from a rescue - he is uneautered from what i know but they not sure.....:?
Its strange as I thought when my girls went outside they would re-act to each other even if they dont see each other.....well nothing happened!?:shock: Is this normal?

I presumed that Pepper would be housed by herself if fostered? As obvioulsy if she got a home then it wouldnt be fair to seperate her again plus the time of bonding etc anyway? Ive not fostered before - just saw that SJ was in Essex & the bun in urgent need & thought I would be able to help straight away and giver her a chance.....obviously i dont want to put Pepper or my girls in a situation that causes any of them distress....because i wasnt aware!:oops:

Thanks for the advice.....I'd like to know what fostering entails....I may be able to help out then.....;)

Just bumping this up for the last time, if anyone can help please let me know I have been trying to find Peppa a home for two months now, so if i cannot help i have to tell him as he is waiting on me to help before he tries his own way.

If anybody can help, foster, rescue, or even rehome Peppa please let me know.

If fostered: I cannot pay any contribution to her care , or i would be able to foster her myself as i have a spare hutch. if you can foster, then please say so as then maybe a rescue can contribute to her care if this is possible?

If rehomed: there will be no adoption fee, peppa can be collected from my house in essex. She will need vaccines and spaying.

If rescued: If you can provide a rescue space then please say so as we could then ask for a bunny run, this girl is in need so i would really apriciate your help if you can help.

thanks for reading, heres hoping

I hope you manage to find her a home :(

If anyone up in east East Anglia wants her but travel is a problem I'm happy to help with a bunny run (just throw it out there in case someone has been holding back for that reason, or something).

They dont have any photos of her.
I will message him and tell him i cannot help. Thanks anyway guys. I know people would help if they could, i just hope whoever gets her gives her a nice home.

Back