• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Camera recommendations

Hi. I am planning on introducing my new bunny to my other two next week in a neural space (kitchen) and while I can be with them for most of the time if it looks to to go well I’d like to be able to leave and watch them on camera. So just wondering if anyone has a good recommendation for one. Doesn’t need to be amazing quality just good enough to see what they are up to and watchable from phone and pc. Any good ones anyone could suggest? Thanks :)

Hi. I am planning on introducing my new bunny to my other two next week in a neural space (kitchen) and while I can be with them for most of the time if it looks to to go well I’d like to be able to leave and watch them on camera. So just wondering if anyone has a good recommendation for one. Doesn’t need to be amazing quality just good enough to see what they are up to and watchable from phone and pc. Any good ones anyone could suggest? Thanks :)
Depends what you're looking for really, but a decent one with no subscription cost is this

eufy security eufyCam 2C 2-Cam Kit Security Camera Outdoor, Wireless Home Security System with 180-Day Battery Life, HomeKit Compatibility, 1080p HD, IP67, Night Vision, No Monthly Fee https://amzn.eu/d/iqyApL6

I actually used them outside for a year and a half, you can't go back through all the previous footage, but it records events and saves them, so if there's movement it'll record and obviously you can watch live.

I used one of them to watch my last two when they were bonding too and it worked fine, it's nice because they're battery, there's no cable needed so you can put them wherever if using inside.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

It is possible to set up a spare smartphone as a CCTV monitor using your wifi so you can check in from wherever you are (that's what my daughter does to keep an eye on the dogs if they go out). Or look at baby monitors as another option.

Depends what you're looking for really, but a decent one with no subscription cost is this

eufy security eufyCam 2C 2-Cam Kit Security Camera Outdoor, Wireless Home Security System with 180-Day Battery Life, HomeKit Compatibility, 1080p HD, IP67, Night Vision, No Monthly Fee https://amzn.eu/d/iqyApL6

I actually used them outside for a year and a half, you can't go back through all the previous footage, but it records events and saves them, so if there's movement it'll record and obviously you can watch live.

I used one of them to watch my last two when they were bonding too and it worked fine, it's nice because they're battery, there's no cable needed so you can put them wherever if using inside.

Thanks for that, just checked it out and looks amazing. Maybe slightly on the expensive side for now as only planning on using for a week or so at most, that said, i could see the use for it generally long term, so will check out my options. Thanks so much for that, much appreciated. By the way the no cable is also great as where they are i cant easily use a wired one, been looking for one without cables for ages, so long term this could be super handy.

Thanks for that, just checked it out and looks amazing. Maybe slightly on the expensive side for now as only planning on using for a week or so at most, that said, i could see the use for it generally long term, so will check out my options. Thanks so much for that, much appreciated. By the way the no cable is also great as where they are i cant easily use a wired one, been looking for one without cables for ages, so long term this could be super handy.
Np! I didn't pay that much for it tbh it was £125 when I got it, and I also got a set for my nans and it was about the same, I've seen they have £65 off the price available now tho. But yea it's a decent and versatile long term option!

It is possible to set up a spare smartphone as a CCTV monitor using your wifi so you can check in from wherever you are (that's what my daughter does to keep an eye on the dogs if they go out). Or look at baby monitors as another option.

never thought of using another phone before... only have an ipad that i could use as i dont have a spare smartphone, so will have to check out how that could work. Baby monitor also sounds like a good option, as initially only need it for a week or so, then when they move to the larger space thats right where i have my work desk, so would be there most of the time with them anyway. do you know if it was easy to set up the second phone as a camera, could give that a try with the ipad in the meantime until i decided what to get.

You could also look for a second hand baby monitor on all the usual sites (eg a FB marketplace near you)

Ok. She uses these apps -

- 'AtHome Camera Pro: Monitor' App (red in the pic she sent me) is on your phone.
- 'AtHome Video Streamer' app (blue) is on an old phone to act as a camera. Keep it permanently plugged in if the battery is dodgy.

You can pay for a recording subscription but they don’t - just watch it live if needed. It works well enough for them - they can check in on the dogs if they go out. It also has audio, so they can speak to the dogs or to the Alexa from their phone (eg to play soothing music). The ‘camera’ is set up on a flexible phone stand so it can be positioned however you want and it will stay there. Or you can get mini gorilla / octopus tripods that will grip on to the edge of eg a crate or table.

Ok. She uses these apps -

- 'AtHome Camera Pro: Monitor' App (red in the pic she sent me) is on your phone.
- 'AtHome Video Streamer' app (blue) is on an old phone to act as a camera. Keep it permanently plugged in if the battery is dodgy.

You can pay for a recording subscription but they don’t - just watch it live if needed. It works well enough for them - they can check in on the dogs if they go out. It also has audio, so they can speak to the dogs or to the Alexa from their phone (eg to play soothing music). The ‘camera’ is set up on a flexible phone stand so it can be positioned however you want and it will stay there. Or you can get mini gorilla / octopus tripods that will grip on to the edge of eg a crate or table.

Thank you so much for all that. Time to go and get stuff sorted now. Will check out right now. Thanks for that.

Np! I didn't pay that much for it tbh it was £125 when I got it, and I also got a set for my nans and it was about the same, I've seen they have £65 off the price available now tho. But yea it's a decent and versatile long term option!

Planning on getting it for long term when they are all in the room as it’s handy with no cables and stuff. And yeah saw the voucher too. Which is helpful. Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated especially as a long term option.

I think the baby monitors are the best options here. You can find a lot of options on amazon or eBay at pretty low costs. On top, they have a decent quality and sometime soy can even speak through it.

Back