• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

calcium

ANY veg is better than pellets as calcium content is measured 'dry weight' so think of water content added in.

Also try buying low calcium bottelled waters (usually the cheap end)

Please when looking at lists of supposed high calcium veg remember this is DRY weight - nearly all forage is better for a calcium bun than pellets.

Oh yes i know this, he only gets a few pellets for that reason :wave: but some things definitely affect him more than others. If i give him parsley or watercress it affects him the next day.

ANY veg is better than pellets as calcium content is measured 'dry weight' so think of water content added in.

Also try buying low calcium bottelled waters (usually the cheap end)

Please when looking at lists of supposed high calcium veg remember this is DRY weight - nearly all forage is better for a calcium bun than pellets.
Thanks was totally unaware of that:roll:

I have a calcium bun too, (we're new to this, he just had a stone the size of a grape removed. Little schmuk didn't show a single sign of distress, right up till and after the concious xray that revealed the thing. I only took him in to the vet because he had a little leakage on his hocks and mild urine scold. You would think that a bunny with a stone would stop binkying or change his drinking habbits or lose his litter training or SOMETHING. I'm not sure if I think he's a little angel or just really stupid for not letting on sooner).

Anywho....Thanks so much for this info!!! - hadn't even considered the dry weight thing! :wave: I was also recommended to put a little bit of apple juice in his water to encourage drinking. Any thoughts?

Any suggestions on a good way to give water for a bun who won't drink from a bottle and throws the bowl around the cage? I'm trying a 'bowl bottle' right now but would love some other suggestions in case this tanks!

I've tried "something sweet" in water to no real avail. I have heard cold camomile tea is good but I've never tried it. Anyone know if it's safe?

Back