• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Op U/Date 12th May :-)

So pleased bunny is making progress, every small step is a plus sign. He couldn't be in safer hands bless him. Look after yourself too MM xxx

Thank you so much for your kind support.

Having such a wonderfully skilled and dedicated vet makes all the difference :D

Glad that things are progressing in the right direction. You are blessed with the patience of a saint and the bunny is in safe and caring hands with you and your vet. Your dedication and patience is making a huge difference to a rabbits life and wellbeing and heartwarming to read and follow such special people who are so unselfish and who want to make a difference to a small animals life. I hope the bunny gets stronger and stronger each day in your care and sending loads of vibes to you and the bunny.

Glad that things are progressing in the right direction. You are blessed with the patience of a saint and the bunny is in safe and caring hands with you and your vet. Your dedication and patience is making a huge difference to a rabbits life and wellbeing and heartwarming to read and follow such special people who are so unselfish and who want to make a difference to a small animals life. I hope the bunny gets stronger and stronger each day in your care and sending loads of vibes to you and the bunny.

Thank you Craig :) Every step forward, however small, is in the right direction :D

So so glad to hear the wee man is still slowly but steadily improving MM. As Pets Mum said, he is in the best hands and you also be careful with your wound too xx

So so glad to hear the wee man is still slowly but steadily improving MM. As Pets Mum said, he is in the best hands and you also be careful with your wound too xx

It's kind of you to think of us Nicky :)

We are progressing and I will be back at the hospital to check on my own wound.

I hope you haven't managed to pick up any bunnies on your time away this time - did they search your bag at the airport? ;)

So pleased bunny is doing as well as he can be, bless him. Best of luck for your hospital appointment xx

So pleased bunny is doing as well as he can be, bless him. Best of luck for your hospital appointment xx

Thank you Liz :)

Just back from the hospital and some of my stitches have been taken out now.

Poor little bun still has many many stitches :( I haven't counted ... But the scar is much more horrific than mine :(

Glad your appointment went well MM and you've had some stitches out. Poor bunny, tell him from me, he's still beautiful despite his scars, hope he's still slowly improving xxx

Glad your appointment went well MM and you've had some stitches out. Poor bunny, tell him from me, he's still beautiful despite his scars, hope he's still slowly improving xxx

Thank you for that - I will tell bun that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and Pets Mum knows what she's talking about :D

Bun has had three operations in the last two months or so. Soooo many stitches.
This last time my heart dropped to my boots at the sight though :(

I honestly thought, 'what have I done?' :( But I just had to trust my lovely vet for a good outcome.

I've been told it's easier for people to offer support if they understand the problem, but as I mentioned that's not possible for me to do on a public forum such as this. My vet has also advised against it.

That makes you lot all the more special for staying with me during this testing time.
Thank you :love:

How do you persuade well meaning colleagues not to lick and tug on stitches?

Bunny has had three serious ops now in the space of a couple of months or so. I guess they've been very restrained, but I know rabbit saliva can cause deep infections .....

Hurry up and heal, wound!! :D

Awww the colleagues mean well lol but I understand the worry of keeping everything as clean as possible. And you don't want to separate him from the rest either I imagine. I am glad his buddies are being good to him. Hopefully not too long until stiches are removed and his fur will start to grow. But I bet he is still the most beautiful boy as he is right now. Such a brave man, sending gentle nose rubs to him. Xx

Oh bless your brave little bunny, sounds like his pals are trying to help him. Sending more healing vibes for you and bunny xxx

I forgot to reply earlier, no buns in my hand luggage this time MM! no parks this time , we were at least 100 miles from there this time. I still think of all those poor souls. I have since heard little Sparkles has now found a new home with 2 other buns! No doggies for her to attack !! And Ben is still happy as a pig in poop with his family. My little spanish friend said she thinks "Ben would be happy in hell!!! " He is sooooo laid back and easily pleased. My dream is to go back one day and help more of those poor buns.

Back