• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Basics T or SS? Help!

megansmummy

Mama Doe
:wave:

Im still trying to settle on a new pellet for the girls. I ended up with another bag of P@H ones this time, I thought I had decided on SS but I have been looking at Bunny basics T... is it worth the extra money? Any opinions? I dont mind paying out the money if its worth it! :)
Thanks!

Edited to say that I did use the search function but alot of the threads were from a couple of years ago or so and I dont know if the formulas etc have changed or if there is more relevant/up to date opinions now :)

Last edited:
SS has recently changed to make their pellets higher in fibre, and I have to say my Spenser isn't impressed. Loads of people on here favour SS, so I will keep my eye on this thread and see if anyone comments on the other brand as I am also thinking of changing.

Don't let my lad put you off SS - he's always been fussy. If I'd realised they had changed the recipe I would have mixed the old and new pellets to introduce the change more gradually.

Thank you Susie bun, I got some samples of the old SS and tried the girls with them and they were very hit and miss (just offering as a treat...we didnt actually change over). Thats why im a bit hesitant :?

Good luck with finding a new pellet for the lovely spencer :)

Ohh yes i forgot about allen and page! What size are the pellets? The girls are used to P@H which are so much smaller than the SS ones...I had to break them up!

They are very small - nothing like Excel ones which are massive! These are small and thin - a handful contains a lot of pellets.

They are also great inside snack balls as well because they come out of the ball :lol: not like some!

I tried switching mine from SS to Bunny Basics, they were having none of it and refused to touch the stuff! Have now successfully switched the from regular SS to senior SS (which is timothy based rather than alfafa). They love that stuff!

:wave: Bunny Basics T for my lot and they all love them. Their coats are lovely and shiny. I did try them on A&P once and their coats were duller.

They didn't like BB at first but love them now. they are high in fibre and lower in calcium htan some others.

Thanks, I have been consistent with trying them with the SS and today they ate them without fuss (they had two mixed into their pellets for breakfast) so I have decided to stick with them...I dont want to risk buying the BBT and then them not eating them. So I have 4 sample bags of SS to work through and just ordered a 10kg sack of SS from the hay experts, which should probably last about 10 months or so :thumb:

Back