• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Britains worst pet!!!

I think it would be far more appropriate for any potential PET owner to attend training classes. No training = no animal. Don't blame the dogs for their moronic owner's failings.

I remember when there used to be a dog license way back in the 70's and people didn't used to bother to get one when it only cost 37 and a half pence. What makes you think they'd get one now? These are the people who have no car tax or insurance, no TV license etc. As usual, it would be the sensible, responsible, law-abiding owners who would stump up the cash and the morons with the aggressive dogs wouldn't bother. Overall restult = more cash in the bank for government/local councils but the same number of problem dogs in society. Sorry but licensing is not the answer. Ensuring morons don't breed, that's the answer! Let them die out and only let the sensible people have children - then eventually, you'll only end up with sensible and responsible people who want to own pets!!!!!!

Quite sure I've 'offended' loads of people with this post but it's just my opinion folks.

I dont at all blame the animals - its the owners but Im not being faced with a
£50+ every time so idiot lets there badly trained dogs on the loose. I think the buying and keeping of pets need to be regulated, and anyone who has an animal illegally, without licence/being regulated can have there animals taken off them or given a heffty fine, yes it might mean more animals in rescues etc but rather the dogs go to a decent owner who will train the dog up properly.
Too many animals end up in the wrong hands, dogs like rotties and staffies are a walkin weapon when trained up wrong!

I do agree with you. I don't think anyone should be able to just get an animal on a whim. They should be made to prove they know how to look after it, can provide it with a suitable environment and lifestyle and are responsible owners. Sadly, there's just no easy way to do this short of purchasing ready-neutered animals from Government suppliers only! Sadly, there are always going to be people who get an animal as a status symbol - and it's usually a dog because you can't take a stallion to the local pub!

But equally, any idiot can decide to have a child, and sadly, many idiots do. No-one can stop them and the children suffer. So I stand by my original statement - stop the idiots reproducing and the problem should be solved!

Sadly Mackers it seems the large majority of morons are only good at one thing and that's breeding.

As we've seen in the horrific case of poor little Ellie Lawrenson who was killed by a year old pitbull when they were supposedly banned 16 years before, there is (half baked) legislation passed but no will to enforce it effectively. And the gonad less wonders immediately moved from pitbulls to dogs 4 times the size of pitbulls like Neapolitan Mastiff - oh, that's a result then! If anybody thinks that bringing back an arcane tax that was originally only instigated to fund the English Civil War, they are sadly mistaken. All that will happen is the responsible dog owners will be harshly penalised, the idiots will carry on regardless and the dogs will carry on being bred and occasionally totally innocent dogs will be rounded up and killed by the police as many pitbulls and staffies were in Liverpool after the aforementioned case.

Even if they dont bring back needing a licence, SOMETHING needs done to regulate people keeping animals which are espisally when they are potential weapons!
Its like bunnys - people go out on a whim and get a bunny and dont realize how much care they actually need and the poor mites stuck in the bottom of a garden in a tiny hutch. A family friend asked me and my mum about getting 2 baby rabbits, to which i suggested getting rescues, instead of going out and buying rabbits, he could give 2 rabbits a home who deserve it, he looked a bit shocked when we told him to date how much weve spent on getting a decent setup and buying food,straw,hay,toys etc.how much vet bills come in at when something goes wrong and vet bills that really need payed for e.g jabs,neutering!
I think even dogs like rotties, can be gorgeous doggies and very loving and kind with the right owner, it just shows, its the idiots that we have in society today that turns mans best friend into a killer!

Back