• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breeding possibilities - help needed please..

It won't cost thousands of pounds to get it done take her to the vets it's cruel to deny her treatment she is probably in alot of pain!

Post a piccie, that might help.

You should still take her to the vet.

if you don't know how here it how:
Make an account at photobucket.com
Copy the URL under the picture
then quote and hit the insert image botton at the top of the text screen and paste the URL

I havent got a camera. Found a piccie like it but wont let me copy and paste. I will see if I can copy the website. It is under conjunctivitis

I havent got a camera. Found a piccie like it but wont let me copy and paste. I will see if I can copy the website. It is under conjunctivitis

You could maybe take it with your phone? But I just need to ask are you going to deny this animal veteniary treatment? If so please give her up and don't get any more animals, because that's just cruel. I really hope you take to to the vets tomorrow.

If she's only a youngster then a blocked tear duct at her age may well be easily solve-able if she sees a vet soon. If she doesn't see a vet soon, apart from the suffering she will be in, it will just get worse, could scar and block permanently, and/or ulcerate (it may already have ulcered) and then treatment could add up to a lot of money in the long run, but it needn't do if it's caught early enough. Tear duct flush is less than £30 at my vet in Essex.

If you want to send me a pm with whereabouts in Essex you are, I'll try and let you know of a good vet to use.

You could maybe take it with your phone? But I just need to ask are you going to deny this animal veteniary treatment? If so please give her up and don't get any more animals, because that's just cruel. I really hope you take to to the vets tomorrow.

I wish someone would tell me what it is likely to be from description. It is £20 just to say hello to our vet. If it was a one off thing I would take her and treat her asap. Its because I have read its a life time thing that Im not sure I can afford to do that with either time, money or worry. I am sorry if I am upsetting anyone but I am being honest and want the best for bunny whatever that ends up being. I appreciate everyones help. Im definately not breeding anyway! This thread has put me off bunnies for life.

What vet do you use?

It may well be a one off thing if you take her quickly, it's if you don't take her that it's likely to become chronic. At 11 weeks old she won't have deep scar tissue or overgrown tooth roots, so it could easily just be a simple infection. So if you take her to the vets, they can treat it - it may well just need eye drops and not even a tear duct flush - and if you don't, it may well become chronic and cost a lot of money for you or whoever ends up with her. It's not fair on her and it's not fair on whoever owns her, so do yourself a favour and book her into the vets. It may be £20 to say hello but that's life with owning pets I'm afraid! You can't get the medicine she needs without her seeing a vet. Send a bill to the breeder if you like, it's illegal for them to sell an animal that is unwell anyway.

Perhaps you could let Starlightrabbitrescue have both buns ASAP and you can sell the hutch and run on somewhere like Ebay? that way, the buns will have a chance of a happy life and you will recoup some of your money.

I wish someone would tell me what it is likely to be from description. It is £20 just to say hello to our vet. If it was a one of thing I would take her and treat her asap. Its because I have read its a life time thing that Im not sure I can afford to do that with either time, money or worry. I am sorry if I am upsetting anyone but I am being honest and want the best for bunny whatever that ends up being. I appreciate everyones help. Im definately not breeding anyway! This thread has put me off bunnies for life.

But we are NOT vets!! We cannot diagnose your rabbit! No offence you shouldn't have animals by the sound of it, give this poor girl over to Starlight because tbh it sounds like you would rather have it suffer than shell out to take it to a vets, and someone just told you they would tell you a good cheap vets in your area. Animals cost MONEY, yeah it sucks and sometimes you need to put something off for a day or two but to deny a sick animal vet treatment is WRONG and also punishable by law if the animal is sick enough. Now someone has just told you if you get it early enough the animal may have a good chance at coming out alot healthier rather than holding it off by guessing and wagering what is actually wrong with it, because at the end of the day only the vets can tell you.
Please give this girlie up.

I wish someone would tell me what it is likely to be from description. It is £20 just to say hello to our vet. If it was a one off thing I would take her and treat her asap. Its because I have read its a life time thing that Im not sure I can afford to do that with either time, money or worry. I am sorry if I am upsetting anyone but I am being honest and want the best for bunny whatever that ends up being. I appreciate everyones help. Im definately not breeding anyway! This thread has put me off bunnies for life.

It is illegal to leave an animal in pain or distress without seeking veterinary advice. If you cannot afford food, bedding and vet bills, you should not have the animal.

It is illegal to leave an animal in pain or distress without seeking veterinary advice. If you cannot afford food, bedding and vet bills, you should not have the animal.

She is not in any distress. She is happy, eating well and very active.

Rabbits hide pain very well, as they are a prey animal, it is their natural instinct. So unfortunately you may not realise she is, as they show only very subtle signs.

I have had this question ignored 3 times, i am unsure why:

Where in Essex are you?

BUT SHE HAS AN ALLIMENT THAT NEEDS VET TREATMENT!!!!!! That's the point, you don't know if she's in pain!! Please give this rabbit over, it's common sense really. If you wait it will get worse it will cost more, if you take her tomorrow and see what's up it could end up so much cheaper rather than sitting on your backside doing nothing because we can't tell you what's wrong with her! And what if she gets sick again? If you can't afford to have animals, then don't get them.

Back