• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding

Rachel14

New Kit
Hi, I have four rabbits Bea and Winnie, mother and son bonded. Bluebell and Pixie, sisters bonded.

My plan was to have all four rabbits bonded and have them living together.
They both have their hutches and runs side by side and get to have the run of the garden at separate times. Unfortunately when I let bluebell and pixie out, all bluebell wants to do is poo and pee by Bea and Winnies hutch and run. Which I assume is her trying to mark her territory?

I’ve swapped toys etc to help with their smells. I tried to let them all out together and bluebell starting fighting with Bea so left it for a while. Unfortunately bluebell accidentally got out when Bea and Winnie were out in the garden and they fought again.

What I would like to know is that it for Bea and Bluebell? Will they never bond?

Going off what I have read on groups such as UK Rabbits, the best way to bond your four is to put them in a smallish pen somewhere neutral ( where they haven't been before) and see how they get along. The 2 girls will have to sort out their hierarchy which is probably the biggest problem you will have. The problem with trying to bond them in the garden is the 2 girls are seeing it as their own territory, hence fighting. We are entering into "Spring Fever" time which affects a lot of the Rabbits, even when they are neutered.

Back