• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Snowflake and his new wife. Meet Sydney. Update bonding has started!

Fingers crossed for you!

They look to be doing well and I'm glad she's settling in well with you.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Thanks Omi. I am very pleased with progress so far.

C&d I am so excited in a kind of stressy way and at the same time feel totally confident that all will be well. Glad you like her new name. My little velvet sweetie.

Yeah she really is settling in well Carless squid (what a superb name btw). She hopped over for strokies when I sat in their pen briefly ...

Glad it's going well. I hate bonding bunnies. Piggies are so much easier.

Thinking of you and wishing I could come and help. Lockdown makes life so horrid so much of the time.

Yes Rhianna guinea pigs can be very easy indeed. My lot were. I understand that you do sometimes get some that just wont get on and that no amount of perserverence will change that.

I wish you could be here too, to help, to drink tea and to talk rabbits!

Reader, glad you like her name. I just suddenly called her Dusty during one of her strokie sessions and it stuck.

Good luck with the bonding - the GP forum wanted me to sign in so couldn't get any close-up shots.

Thanks for the name approval petsmum.

Snowflake chases Dusty whenever she comes near him, which isnt often as she mainly sits in the pink litter tray. There was some vigerous chasing last night but no signs of distress from either of them.

Snowflake is the most relaxed of the two. Dusty still loves to be stroked and will let me stroke her body as well as her head .... *sigh* ...

Really tonibun as quickly as that? Dusty has been sitting in the tray coser to Snowfake today. She was washing very thoroughly.

He still does the odd chase. Its lovely having them indoors.

Really tonibun as quickly as that? Dusty has been sitting in the tray coser to Snowfake today. She was washing very thoroughly.

He still does the odd chase. Its lovely having them indoors.

That is a lovely update, isnt it just the loveliest thing to have her home.

Yes C&D it really is just wonderful. I went in to see them just now and Dusty raced over to me and followed be into their pen. She then sat in her pink litter tray with her head down for strokies. I stroked her for ages and ages all over. Bliss. She is sooooo soft and plump x

Hoping to find a way for them to be beside Loganberry and Moondust in the pet room. We will see.

It’s really encouraging to see such positive and strong signs so early on in your bonding. It’s really heartwarming that they are forging such a great friendship and the photos are just fantastic to show how well things are going.
Words can’t do you credit enough for all your patience and skill.

Thank you Craig. I am delighted by the lovely relaxed atmosphere in the pet room (used to be our dining room). I slept in there last night on a single bed. It was magical being with so many small creatures. 5 guinea pigs and the two bonding rabbits. Lovely hay chomping noises and such a tender feeling in the air.

Will be in there for a while now, until the bond is cemented.

Although there has been some enthusiastic chasing (Snowflake to Dusty) the general mood is settled. Cant wait to see them cuddling together ...

Thank you Craig. I am delighted by the lovely relaxed atmosphere in the pet room (used to be our dining room). I slept in there last night on a single bed. It was magical being with so many small creatures. 5 guinea pigs and the two bonding rabbits. Lovely hay chomping noises and such a tender feeling in the air.

Will be in there for a while now, until the bond is cemented.

Although there has been some enthusiastic chasing (Snowflake to Dusty) the general mood is settled. Cant wait to see them cuddling together ...

this sounds so lovely.Hopefully cuddles tomorrow

Yes C&D it really is just wonderful. I went in to see them just now and Dusty raced over to me and followed be into their pen. She then sat in her pink litter tray with her head down for strokies. I stroked her for ages and ages all over. Bliss. She is sooooo soft and plump x

Hoping to find a way for them to be beside Loganberry and Moondust in the pet room. We will see.

Dusty sounds an utter joy.

I'm soooo pleased Dusty is as affectionate 'as advertised' :D Our outdoor buns follow us around but mostly for food, if they realise it's only strokes on offer, they hop off 4 times out of 5! If Lopsy's just sat there though and you open the door and stroke him, you can totally pet him for as long as you like, about 9 times out of 10 :love: Dusty sounds even better than that :love:

Oo nice that Lopsy is generally happy to be petted. Jill did say that Dusty enjoyed a fuss I just hadnt realised how much!

C&D Dusty is an utter joy. I am in heaven.

So last night there was some running around but mostly very peaceful. Today Dusty sat for a really long stroking session and would hop out of her tray, have a look around then come back and lower her head for more strokes. This happened half a dozen times.

Snowflake came over and sniffed my hand at one point then hopped away and gave a thump!!!

Dusty is now venturing out of her tray and during the stroking session would jump out of the tray, hop over to Snowflake, whizz past him and back to me for strokes. It was so funny and sweet.

They have been laying down nearish each other. At least Dusty isnt just in her pink tray.

I introduced another pink tray, lots of willow twigs and some yummies. They ignored each other and both had a great time eating and investigating, they are clearly more comfortable with each other today.

I knew you would want to keep them inside:)

Back