• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Success!!!

SuzieBlue

Young Bun
I've started a couple of threads recently (sorry, I don't know if I can update an old thread so keep posting new ones, oops!!) about Nermal and Phoebe. Phoebe has certainly settled in and has scaled every piece of furniture I have in her quest to take over my house!
Nermal is his usual self, friendly and relaxed, and even better behaved than normal... (wonder what he's up to...)
I got Phoebe on Thursday, and less than a week later the two of them are thick as thieves! I now have no worries with letting them into almost all rooms in the house together, and can quite happily let them run around together without constant supervision. I found them the other day in each others' cages munching away on hay! They have a system I think, because they then swapped back into their own cages to wee.. There has been zero territorial aggression with their cages, and Nermal's face-humping antics (even though he's neutered) ended about 24 hours after they began. They totally love each other, and I even think that Nermal has taught Phoebe to love me too! He's always been really happy with people and loves new folk that come into the house, and Phoebe was a wee bit jumpy for a couple of days, but I think after seeing Nermal come to me for cuddles and scratches she's learned that these are good things! She doesn't have a huge attention span yet so she doesn't sit still for long, but when she wants a cuddle she has no qualms about hopping either on me or Nermal.. Yeay!
Just wanted to post something positive about bonding, as I was really worried at the beginning and i know a lot of other people are in the same boat just now, so there is hope!!!

Yay!:D
Thats brilliant. It was nice to read as Im having bonding issues at the moment. Well..not reaally any problems, just dont seem to be moving forward. Your thread has restored my hope!!:)

Thats great!! I am going to restart the bonding with my two tomorrow but it hasnt gone well so far. Fingers crossed though and thanks for giving those of us who are trying to do it, some hope!

Back