• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding qs

bunlover

Warren Veteran
ok so i know the basics and have bonded pairs before however i am thinking about bonding a foursome for a freind or alternativly two pairs.. .here is the background
dont want to put buns names as will give the game away so will call them bun1,2,3,4

so bun1&2 are both elderly females were both bonded and then fell out future attempts to rebond have been catastrophic with fights and injurys they will not rebond(i have treid aroudn3 or 4 times now)

bun3 is a rescue case who is looking for a home he is a nuetered male in similar age to bun1

bun4 is a rescue case who is also looking for a home completly seperatly to the other bun in question h is also a neutered male

all these rabbits are neutered and vaccs and elderly (ages 6-11yrs)

want to try bonding but dont know if should go for 2 pairs or one foursome... if tried 2 pairs would be bun1&3 adn bun1&4 each pair would eventually live next door as bun1&2 do now.
any ideas??!!?!?
(ps i have neutral territrory to try and bond any combinations but do not want one bunny lef t alone so a 3some and single is not an option.
all the bunnys except bun3 have had bunny freinds in the past so i know they are bondable. bunny 3 has been ameenable to other bunnys he ahs met tho so dont think wil lbe an issue.

I would say go with the two pairs combining the original buns with the neutered males.
If you tried to bond the females several times and it didn't work out, then trying to bond all 4 could end in a mess. Especially considering they are elderly, I wouldn't risk it.
No reason why the male/female combos wouldn't work though - thats usually the easiest so I would go with that. :D

I would say go with the two pairs combining the original buns with the neutered males.
If you tried to bond the females several times and it didn't work out, then trying to bond all 4 could end in a mess. Especially considering they are elderly, I wouldn't risk it.
No reason why the male/female combos wouldn't work though - thats usually the easiest so I would go with that. :D

only reason being is that bun 1&2 used to be bonded and friends and happy originally... also bun 1 has been introduced to various boys in the past(albeit younger more frisky buns) and this is the first male she has shown interest in she has alwasy been previously bonded with females!!!! but we think possibly it may work?

I agree with spacegirl go for the two pairs, adding the girls back together with the added stress of additional rabbits could be catastophic and for older rabbits I do think you need to take account of the potential stress factor.

I would definately go for 2 male/female pairs. I really don't think it is fair to try to put the 2 females back together and the addition of the males will probably make things worse. Given that these bunnies are elderly and no-one can say how much time they have left, maybe months or a few years, either way their retirement should be as stress free and relaxed as possible :D

thankyou all for your advice will let you know in the future if anyhting happens...... wathc htis space in a few months to see.....

Back